Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seider is Bowey defensively now.
You guys are hilarious.

It's one play, but he left his man to go chase the puck which is what Bowey always does. In this particular play, he had absolutely no reason to leave his man. It shows immaturity in his game, I get flamed here because I'm not ready to declare him elite defensively. He obviously still has holes in his game, but he's also 19YO. It will hopefully improve.

Also, nobody can ever be as bad as Bowey, he's got absolutely no brain at all, lol. That play was terrible though.

What we know is that we've got a physical Dman with a few holes in his game. I guess that's enough to get flamed on this board.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seider doesn’t have holes in his defensive game though. He’s about as complete as it gets for the levels he’s played at so far. Reading anything into a play like that is like seeing Ovechkin shoot wide and determine he needs to improve his shot.
Kinda different when it's a mental mistake. Ovechkin knows when to shoot and when not to. He rarely gets a shot blocked when playing the point on power plays. It's not the only time Seider has chased the puck.

That's the sorta thing that you get away with at lower levels, not the NHL. You don't see NHL defensemen chasing the puck.

I'm sure it's something that he will get coached on. I think it's silly to say he's elite defensively or that he doesn't have holes. But whatever, you're entitled to your own opinions. Flame away.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Kinda different when it's a mental mistake. Ovechkin knows when to shoot and when not to. He rarely gets a shot blocked when playing the point on power plays. It's not the only time Seider has chased the puck.

That's the sorta thing that you get away with at lower levels, not the NHL. You don't see NHL defensemen chasing the puck.

I'm sure it's something that he will get coached on. I think it's silly to say he's elite defensively or that he doesn't have holes. But whatever, you're entitled to your own opinions. Flame away.
I think someone can make mistakes without having ”holes” in their game. We’re still talking about a 19 year old who has arguably been the most dominant defensive player in the SHL since he stepped in. This was in my opinion one of very, very few mental lapses he’s had. He can improve in many ways and learn when he makes mistakes, but if you think he has holes defensively you’d faint if you saw what other 18, 19, 20, 21 year old D looks like in the SHL..

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think someone can make mistakes without having ”holes” in their game. We’re still talking about a 19 year old who has arguably been the most dominant defensive player in the SHL since he stepped in. This was in my opinion one of very, very few mental lapses he’s had. He can improve in many ways and learn when he makes mistakes, but if you think he has holes defensively you’d faint if you saw what other 18, 19, 20, 21 year old D looks like in the SHL..

I would like to see/hear from Swedish posters who watch the SHL closely who they think is the best player in the league this year. I really think its Seider from what I've seen and the advanced stats

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Seider doesn’t have holes in his defensive game though. He’s about as complete as it gets for the levels he’s played at so far. Reading anything into a play like that is like seeing Ovechkin shoot wide and determine he needs to improve his shot.

What I noticed in some viewing of Seider is he gets caught watching the puck and forgetting the man sneaking in behind him.
That's about the only thing I've seen in his game that looks like a weakness, defensively.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its hard to say if he is the best, but for sure one of the best.

stat-wise, here is PPG for d so far:

Screenshot-11.png

hits:

Screenshot-12.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Its hard to say if he is the best, but for sure one of the best.

stat-wise, here is PPG for d so far:

Screenshot-11.png

hits:

Screenshot-12.png
Joel Lundqvist, that's the bastage that broke Kronwall's sacrum earlier in his career. He played a whopping 26 NHL reg. season games but managed to take down a pretty tough Dman. Surprised he's leading the SHL in hits at his age too. Also he's Henrik's twin brother.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

I would like to see/hear from Swedish posters who watch the SHL closely who they think is the best player in the league this year. I really think its Seider from what I've seen and the advanced stats
There are some forwards that would get consideration, Emil Pettersson, maybe Daniel Zaar, some other D like Joel Persson and Eric Gelinas can't be ignored either.
A bit too early to talk about him as the best player overall probably but give it another 10-15 games if he keeps it up he'll be in that discussion.

rawraw

Jan 19, 2019
Sweden

1) Happens pretty much every game.

2) So what does he have to do in order to be considered elite defensively? Do you think he makes too many mistakes in his own zone to be considered elite defensively?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Elite D-man get beat on plays like that gang. The second best D-man in the history of the game had some minus games. He thought he could apply pressure get there at the same time get stick on puck and then take the body sealing the play off. He didn't get there in time, which is the golden rule, don't leave the front unless you know you can tie up the man and disrupt the play. But I am not shocked, he isn't going to play mistake free for 20 years, nobody does. He is a split second late, one of the things I really like about Seider is that he rarely makes big mistakes and when he does you can see adjustments. But there are going to be bumpy moments for sure, every NHL D-man has them.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Lindstrom and Larsson coming back too

Kind of surprised about Larsson, but I guess it's possible to loan him out again. However, he hasn't been in the Almtuna lineup at all in recent games and his numbers are pretty bad so far.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Right at this moment Setkov 58 vs Wallinder 22. Setkov looks dominant only 21 years old

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

There are some forwards that would get consideration, Emil Pettersson, maybe Daniel Zaar, some other D like Joel Persson and Eric Gelinas can't be ignored either.
A bit too early to talk about him as the best player overall probably but give it another 10-15 games if he keeps it up he'll be in that discussion.

Just from my viewings watching wings prospects the past two years, I think Joel Persson has been my favorite. Hrivk and Camper have been basically unstoppable this year as well, but they're more of a dynamic duo than the best individuals.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I get why the jerseys are the way they there, necessary evil and bla bla bla. But they genuinely makes me sad.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's "Elite" Bowey :naughty::sarcasm:
Most people don't realize Bowey was a PPG player in the juniors, so at one point he actually was elite at a lower level.

His stat line for his first AHL season wasn't bad either.
2015-16
6.png
Hershey Bears
AHL704252958 PIM+22|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Plus he was 8th on the team this season in points, 2nd for dmen.

Just goes to show that stat watching can be misleading, and not every prospect develops as hoped.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Most people don't realize Bowey was a PPG player in the juniors, so at one point he actually was elite at a lower level.

His stat line for his first AHL season wasn't bad either.
2015-16
6.png
Hershey Bears
AHL704252958 PIM+22|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Plus he was 8th on the team this season in points, 2nd for dmen.

Just goes to show that stat watching can be misleading, and not every prospect develops as hoped.
Nobody cares what someone did in juniors if they suck in the NHL, all it does is maybe gets them another PTO/13th/14th F or 7/8D shot, maybe.

Kirk Maltby was a 50G scorer once too...see how easy that was.

Also, fully aware of Bowey's offensive contribution to last years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad