Even Gretzky is impressed by Barkov so far

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
The Oilers had zero 5on5 in game 2 and had about nothing going on large chunks of games 1 & 3 down by multiple goals
He's still making them look better than they are, and it's creeping into overrated territory. You have folks declaring Barkov to be the best C in the league now, LOL.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Game 2 Edmonton had zero high danger chances

Bob’s been awesome in the finals but he wouldn’t be for Edmonton
It's undeniable that Florida's D is great. It's just as undeniable that Bobrovky's play has overrated Florida's D, exhibit A being posters now crowning Barkov as the best C in the NHL due to his "defensive capabilities".

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's undeniable that Florida's D is great. It's just as undeniable that Bobrovky's play has overrated Florida's D, exhibit A being posters now crowning Barkov as the best C in the NHL due to his "defensive capabilities".

Well posts like yours are a big reason why

McDavid was supposed to walk over Barkov and the crew, you get what you deserve

Bob’s been great, he wasn’t the 1st 3 rounds. Florida is superior defensive team vs Edmonton

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Well posts like yours are a big reason why

McDavid was supposed to walk over Barkov and the crew, you get what you deserve

Bob’s been great, he wasn’t the 1st 3 rounds. Florida is superior defensive team vs Edmonton
If you think it's anything more than pure comedy to see Barkov being overrated like that, you're genuinely mistaken.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
So you think that Barkov is the best center in the NHL?

No but that list says he is. And from the stats I can see Barkov is outplaying him. McDavid is a regular season boy just like Huberdeau, just like Marner. Not made for playoff hockey and the world can see it. You're upset your favorite littl4 player is getting outclassed by a team that plays near a beach.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Well, against what center or player does he lose a matchup? He's ran the gauntlet of who's who and won those matchups.

These playoffs alone he has shut down, Stamkos, Kucherov, Pastranak, Marchand, Panarin, Zibanejad, McDavid and Draisatl. He also plays in the Atlantic arguably the most talented division in the league. All of them put up blanks or were held to far below their averages. Meanwhile we have faced the best goalies the league one after the other Vasilevky, Swayman, Sheshterkin.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Well, against what center or player does he lose a matchup? He's ran the gauntlet of who's who and won those matchups.
McDavid isn’t getting much help though. He has absolutely created a lot of scoring chances. It’s team effort to isolate McDavid from rest of the players on ice, i don’t buy the stories Barkov shutting down McDavid alone. He is the biggest piece in the puzzle with Forsling though. I think McDavid have been great, but his problem is not figuring out that defense.

McDavid have clearly been most dangerous and talented skater on ice, but Barkov have been by far best skater in this series. Forsling is up there, but Barkov have been next level with his combination of offense and defense.

Reactions: Marioesque

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
McDavid isn’t getting much help though. He has absolutely created a lot of scoring chances. It’s team effort to isolate McDavid from rest of the players on ice, i don’t buy the stories Barkov shutting down McDavid alone. He is the biggest piece in the puzzle with Forsling though. I think McDavid have been great, but his problem is not figuring out that defense.

McDavid have clearly been most dangerous and talented skater on ice, but Barkov have been by far best skater in this series. Forsling is up there, but Barkov have been next level with his combination of offense and defense.

Edmonton Immediately tried to get McDavid away from Barkov matchup when they could at home. So that tells you how they think that matchup is going.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
It's the small stuff that you never see in the highlights and might not even notice in replay - like there is a hard puck battle in the boards and suddenly Florida emerges with clear control. If they happen to show the replay you will see Barkov robbing the puck and clearing the scrum with a neat little pass to a player getting free etc etc. At its best it's like hockey poetry...
Yes. Anyone who judges Barkov by his stats misses out on 60% of his game. A small minority have been beating this drum for years to just be mocked by the ignorant. Well life comes at ya fast
It's the whole defensive system with Barkov and Forsling leading the charge. But I agree, the Barkov hype is getting annoying among some fans and I love Barkov. But you could replace Barkov with any defensively responsible top 10 center and the Panthers still win the Cup (the latest comment I've read claimed otherwise).
This might be the most ignorant statement I’ve ever read about Barkov all playoffs.

You are trying to hype up Bob to make yourself feel better about your dear Edmonton
Bob is Edmontons security blanket right now. “We only lost because we faced the reincarnation of Hasek!”

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes. Anyone who judges Barkov by his stats misses out on 60% of his game. A small minority have been beating this drum for years to just be mocked by the ignorant. Well life comes at ya fast

This might be the most ignorant statement I’ve ever read about Barkov all playoffs.

Bob is Edmontons security blanket right now. “We only lost because we faced the reincarnation of Hasek!”

The big theme seems to be reffs hate Edmonton, Edmonton is doing to this to themselves and Bob is just the reason

You’d never know the team is up 3-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad