Even Gretzky is impressed by Barkov so far

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They’re absolutely doing a great job, but they’re far from the flawless can do no wrong level that many of the comments make it sound like they are at. Bob wouldn’t have been such a story in G1 and again in G3 if that were the case. Don’t be salty, just look at the pairings. It’s not like it’s peak Nashville back there.
Lmaolol, dude I’m not the salty one. You insist on trying to take them down a notch. It’s the internet, hyperbole is rampant. Again, it’s not about the pairings not being “peak Nashville”, it’s about how they play defense as a five man unit. It’s ok if you don’t understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Lmaolol, dude I’m not the salty one. You insist on trying to take them down a notch. It’s the internet, hyperbole is rampant. Again, it’s not about the pairings not being “peak Nashville”, it’s about how they play defense as a five man unit. It’s ok if you don’t understand.
The point is that they play great defense, but nowhere near the level that Bob has tricked the board into thinking they play. Would everyone feel the same way if Florida was trotting out Samsonov instead of Bob putting up a Vezina/Smythe/HoF performance? It’s just common sense.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The point is that they play great defense, but nowhere near the level that Bob has tricked the board into thinking they play. Would everyone feel the same way if Florida was trotting out Samsonov instead of Bob putting up a Vezina/Smythe/HoF performance? It’s just common sense.

You are trying to hype up Bob to make yourself feel better about your dear Edmonton

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Title of this thread doesn't make sense to me tbh. Gretzky isn't like Michael Jordan or Tom Brady etc. He always praises guys in the league now. It's not surprising he said what he said about Barkov

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I'll tell you 3 of those
2 were 6 on 5
And 1 was Tkachuk handing the puck at our own blue line to Kreider while we were on the power play for a clear breakaway. Barkov was at least 40 ft away

Watch the games not the stats
So you're saying his 1 ES point and shutting down a team notorious for their poor 5on5 play is impressive?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You are just saying the same thing in a little bit of a different way.
Again, it’s ok if you don’t understand.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
You are just saying the same thing in a little bit of a different way.
Again, it’s ok if you don’t understand.
Why would Bobrovsky be the frontrunner for the Smythe if these defensive demons were locking everything down in front of him? We'll see if you can respond to something for once instead of deflecting or talking at the floor.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I would like to remind everyone Bobrovsky was a career loser in the playoffs with like a .87 save percentage during his days with Philly and Columbus. he's on a stacked team and is playing well but he's not Tim Thomas. he's a good goalie but Florida just went through 3 better ones Vasi, Swayman, Shesterkin.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why would Bobrovsky be the frontrunner for the Smythe if these defensive demons were locking everything down in front of him? We'll see if you can respond to something for once instead of deflecting or talking at the floor.

He wasn’t prior to finals

But I know this hurts

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would like to remind everyone Bobrovsky was a career loser in the playoffs with like a .87 save percentage during his days with Philly and Columbus. he's on a stacked team and is playing well but he's not Tim Thomas. he's a good goalie but Florida just went through 3 better ones Vasi, Swayman, Shesterkin.

Only these last 2 years have changed his playoff reputation. When Florida said goodbye to all offense approach and started playing 200ft hockey

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
While last year he was the “only reason Florida got anywhere”, so the narratives change to suit the purpose. Bob has a very strong defensive team playing in front of him, they take a lot of pressure off of him. Bob is there to make the big saves when needed. These “individual performances” aren’t happening in a vacuum.

All any of the Panthers care about is getting the W.

• Haha

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's my point lol. Bobrovsky's play this series has started to elevate Barkov into overrated territory for some.

No you never have a point when it comes to Florida

Barkov did this in round 1, round 2& round 3 when Bob wasn’t playing at an elite level

I know Edmonton doesn’t know this but having an elite 2way C makes goalies look better

• Haha

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
OK but this is selling Bobrovsky short

He was even better last postseason, and the Panthers team defense was nowhere near as good as it is now. Bobrovsky was saving high danger chance after high danger chance. This Oilers series pales in comparison to those other rounds last year.

Reactions: Ratsreign

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
No you never have a point when it comes to Florida

Barkov did this in round 1, round 2& round 3 when Bob wasn’t playing at an elite level

I know Edmonton doesn’t know this but having an elite 2way C makes goalies look better
Have you seen how many high dangers chances Bob is bailing the skaters out on this series?

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
I can feel the pain

Skinner would look helluva lot better behind Barkov& Forsling than he does in Edmonton

Nobody is interested in defense there
What does that have to do with how many high danger chances Bob is bailing Florida's skaters out on this series?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Have you seen how many high dangers chances Bob is bailing the skaters out on this series?
Yes, we see, it’s you that are dismissing all the chances that he never has to face because they were snuffed out. You know, it is fricking Connor fricking McDavid out there whirling and twirling around the zone.
Come to FL and learn some more about hockey :biglaugh:

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Yes, we see, it’s you that are dismissing all the chances that he never has to face because they were snuffed out. You know, it is fricking Connor fricking McDavid out there whirling and twirling around the zone.
Come to FL and learn some more about hockey :biglaugh:
Yea, hence why Barkov's starting to become overrated by some due to Bob's first team all star/Vezina/HoF performance this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad