Value of: Evander Kane's next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
$8m x 1.

No one wants to commit to Kane, but some team will come up short on the topline and need to throw their money at someone.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
There will probably be plenty of teams willing to give him decent money for 2 years. If a team 'really' wants him, they'll just need to dangle 3+ years in front of him with decent money & he'll sign there.

That team would be absolutely dumb as his problems seem to start after a couple years with any one team, but here we are.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I like what he's done with the Oilers so far, and I think it's been a good experience so far for everyone. I wouldn't give him more than 2 - he does best when motivated. He seems to have issues when he gets too comfortable maybe? Not my place to assume. Anyways - I'm hope he continues to have a good experience here and will maybe consider staying for a bit less (if he'll be making some coin via a settlement too).

:whatever: Sigh
Who am I kidding...Meh it's a win, win now I guess.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It'll be curious to see which path he takes this offseason.

Big(ger) money on a short term deal (like 6mil per for 1 or 2 years), or a longer commitment at a cheaper rate (4x4-ish).

Personally I think he's better off on a shorter term deal. He seems to need that financial carrot to stay motivated/well behaved.

No way he takes 4x4

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
What GM/fanbase would give him 7.5M on a multi year deal?
What does a fan base have to do with it?
If he continues on playing as he is then the a deal where the risk is shared would be ideal. His play warrants the money. His actions/demeanor warrants the short term.

5 star player

Reactions: Macheteops

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Lots of teams will offer him a good salary, but try to pair that with limited term. One that goes over the top on term gets him. Competition will probably drive up that term.

Maybe the Oilers are that club that has the confidence to go high enough on years. They'll have seen him the most in recent months. It could be a surprise team out of left field if they're out, though. This isn't going to be your typical star UFA who gets to choose between multiple great offers on salary and term, which makes the determining factor the likelihood of the team winning. There are enough uncertainties that he's going to have to go full merc and follow the money train.

I'll say Edmonton, 5 x $7M.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lots of teams will offer him a good salary, but try to pair that with limited term. One that goes over the top on term gets him. Competition will probably drive up that term.

Maybe the Oilers are that club that has the confidence to go high enough on years. They'll have seen him the most in recent months. It could be a surprise team out of left field if they're out, though. This isn't going to be your typical star UFA who gets to choose between multiple great offers on salary and term, which makes the determining factor the likelihood of the team winning. There are enough uncertainties that he's going to have to go full merc and follow the money train.

I'll say Edmonton, 5 x $7M.
Doubt EDM has the cap space to add a 7M winger with Hyman and Nuge deals. It will be ELC players.

Also, term may not be an issue with this player who is on his last chance... Another bad step and his new contract with whatever term could be terminated if you are on Gary's good side.

For Oilers it would stay on their cap plus a forfeit of a 3rd rounder.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I see his dad on the ice every morning in Richmond bc. Want me to check with his dad and post his response here? That will prevent everyone here from guessing.

Reactions: RalphKing

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'd gladly have him back on the Oilers if it was a short term deal. Probably not going to happen though.
I think he will have no choice but to sign a 2 year deal ti maybe get a 4 or 5 year deal to finish off his career.

So far he has looked good on the oilers, he looks like he getting along with the guys, listening to his interviews with edmonton surprisingly very well spoken. If you listened to the posts about him you would think the opposite

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Probably around what Taylor Hall got, but a little less. 4 years x $5.5

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Unfortunately for him, Kane would probably command or already be on about $8m per if he had a more agreeable personality

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I don’t think Kane gets offered more than 2 yrs. also, a team needs to have the cap space, we are in a flat cap world. I think the most likely destination is Pittsburgh or philly, why Pittsburgh? I don’t see burke and co. Resigning malkin and possibly letang. Plus burke loves his truculenc. Why philly? They are desperate with piss poor management, I
Likely the only team that offers him 3 or 4 yr deal at 5ish mil per. They have money with furious coming off the books as well.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Man.. he just turned 30 in August.. he's not old by any means. Also, you must be new to pro sports.. he'll get term, cash, and another chance. Those old dirtbag owners only care about winning and making money, and Kane helps them do both!

Evander Kane is the Antonio Brown of hockey (albeit not as much of a difference maker). Have you looked at the term and value of Brown’s contracts over his career and noticed a trend? Or perhaps you are new to pro sports?

Kane has now hit his expiry date on 3 teams due to his attitude and has never been a playoff force because he tends to injure himself and then disappear when the intensity ratchets up. Physical players like Kane tend to break down over time, so looking purely at age isn’t the right math considering his style of play.

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
Evander Kane is the Antonio Brown of hockey (albeit not as much of a difference maker). Have you looked at the term and value of Brown’s contracts over his career and noticed a trend? Or perhaps you are new to pro sports?

Kane has now hit his expiry date on 3 teams due to his attitude and has never been a playoff force because he tends to injure himself and then disappear when the intensity ratchets up. Physical players like Kane tend to break down over time, so looking purely at age isn’t the right math considering his style of play.

Tend to break down or not, GMs are locking players up for the immediate future.. most don't care what years 4 5 6 look like with those contracts. Antonio Brown, absolutely l his contracts went down, but he also took deals to play for ideal contenders.

Kane is very effective, strong on the puck, scores goals, makes room and is a beast around the net. Any GM that can get their hands on him for the next 3-4 years will gladly do so. They are worried about winning, and winning is what ensures their jobs.. Kane is a player that will help a team win. So no, I am not new to pro sports.. you have guys in the NFL beating women, getting into fights with teammates, just being generally terrible people (doing much worse than Kane).. and guess what, most get to play and play and play again.. so you're absolutely wrong on this one, and I'll come back when Kane signs his 3+ year deal with whatever team, re-quote you on it, and call it a day!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Someone will probably be dumb enough to offer him a multi-year deal.

The smart thing to do would probably be to get large one year deals, but Kane will take be desperate to get as much guaranteed money as possible before some shady dude comes by and busts his knee caps.

Jetsrandomfan

Feb 19, 2022
Please please let the hockey gods give us a great show and sign a 1 year deal with the rangers just to watch him sheep up with reeves in town

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad