Player Discussion Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Always hilarious when people show up to act like Alberta is any different to other places. When you’ve ‘lived your whole life in Alberta’ your perspective might not be as accurate as you think it is. Just saying.

Amen - drives me absolutely crazy.

The grand daddy of this stupidity was when COVID restrictions were being lifted across the country. People are allowed to go into restaurants again unvaccinated "PFFFFT OF COURSE ITS STUPID ALBERTA!!!!" all while pretty much the exact same rules were in place in pretty much every other province.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
I live in the area, will definitely save a loogie for that old bastards car if I ever see him passing(but hes a cyclist, so its probable he never actually drives around here, but is instead making use of the cities lovely river valley).

Reactions: oilers'72

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Always hilarious when people show up to act like Alberta is any different to other places. When you’ve ‘lived your whole life in Alberta’ your perspective might not be as accurate as you think it is. Just saying.

Where did I say this doesn't happen elsewhere?

All I'm saying is there are a lot of ignorant people here and a lot of people that are proud to be ignorant so I'm not surprised it happened.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Where did I say this doesn't happen elsewhere?

All I'm saying is there are a lot of ignorant people here and a lot of people that are proud to be ignorant so I'm not surprised it happened.
Thanks for demonstrating exactly that.

You insinuate unkind generalities about Alberta and Albertans. In an Edmonton based thread.

Even in this post you suggest that inordinate ignorance is found in Alberta.

See how that goes?

Last thing I expect to see here are derogatory "Berta" tropes..

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any word on if he's at the captain skates? I'm hoping that he doesn't push hard, make things worse and have an even longer recovery time.

Reactions: oilers'72

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Didn't Bowman say last Tuesday that he would have more news in the next 7-10 days? So we should get an update soon.

To me that sounds like he needs to make a decision on if he's going to elect for surgery or not.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Didn't Bowman say last Tuesday that he would have more news in the next 7-10 days? So we should get an update soon.

To me that sounds like he needs to make a decision on if he's going to elect for surgery or not.
Playing the waiting game for cap purposes, to place Kane on LTIR after the season is underway. No need to press management for a Kane update. Early season trade incoming.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Playing the waiting game for cap purposes, to place Kane on LTIR after the season is underway. No need to press management for a Kane update. Early season trade incoming.
You really think Kane is going to be traded? I'm not so sure if that's what you're implying.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You really think Kane is going to be traded? I'm not so sure if that's what you're implying.
No. Kulak is going to be traded, he's the likeliest candidate. Kane will be placed on LTIR, but only after the season starts.

Doesn't mean Kane isn't traded at the deadline... he has a 16 team Approved Trade List, starting March 1, 2025.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t get surgery

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
No. Kulak is going to be traded, he's the likeliest candidate. Kane will be placed on LTIR, but only after the season starts.

Doesn't mean Kane isn't traded at the deadline... he has a 16 team Approved Trade List, starting March 1, 2025.
0% chance Kulak is traded after they traded Ceci. Likewise Kane isn’t going on LTIR even if he’s going to be out for an extended period, as they will want to stay out of LTIR and be able to accrue as much cap as possible.

The roster they have is what they are going with at least until Christmas, with the exception of a possible pto or a minor trade for a depth defender. Maybe a waiver claim but they are so far down the list any player worthwhile is likely to be claimed before the Oilers have a chance. In the new year the trade market will open up and cap hits will be easier to fit in, there’s no meaningful trades coming until then at least and most likely their big move won’t come until within a few weeks of the deadline when there’s a more clear picture of who’s going to be on the block.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

With Broberg gone, I'd put the odds of Kulak getting traded at about zero.

2.75 is more than fair for his role, and he's signed for 2 more years. Plus the OIl have zero depth behind him.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
0% chance Kulak is traded after they traded Ceci. Likewise Kane isn’t going on LTIR even if he’s going to be out for an extended period, as they will want to stay out of LTIR and be able to accrue as much cap as possible.

The roster they have is what they are going with at least until Christmas, with the exception of a possible pto or a minor trade for a depth defender. Maybe a waiver claim but they are so far down the list any player worthwhile is likely to be claimed before the Oilers have a chance. In the new year the trade market will open up and cap hits will be easier to fit in, there’s no meaningful trades coming until then at least and most likely their big move won’t come until within a few weeks of the deadline when there’s a more clear picture of who’s going to be on the block.
With Broberg gone, I'd put the odds of Kulak getting traded at about zero.

2.75 is more than fair for his role, and he's signed for 2 more years. Plus the OIl have zero depth behind him.
Zero?

We'll see.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Zero?

We'll see.

What would be the point?

They don't need the cap space, lower-end LHD don't carry a ton of value, and none of the end-of-summer, bargain bin UFA's can confidently replace his minutes/role.. The last best option signed about a month ago with COL (Kylington); nor do they have an internal replacement waiting in the wings.

Pre-offer sheets, you could make a decent argument to trade Kulak. But with both Broberg and Ceci already gone, also moving Kulak just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad