Value of: Evander Kane

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Kane is absolutely killing it right now. It would be a mistake to trade him.

Yes he has some off ice issues but everyone takes a while to grow up, he's stayed out of trouble for a bit and just as importantly his on ice play has improved.

He's not taking stupid perimeter shots and he's utilizing his teammates more and more. I think playing with Eichel has given him some perspective. He's been outstanding and I'll be very disappointed if we trade him. There are few players like him in the NHL.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
IMO, Kane is now untouchable. Sabres are buyers now.

Untouchable?
No, for a top pairing LHD he is very touchable.
Mart Biron on the instigators hinted that Kane isn't in the long term plans of the Sabres.

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Resign him unless; A. He wants O'Reilly money or B. The return is too good to pass up. A is likely, B isn't. Which brings option C. Get what you can for him before he walks in FA looking for 7 mil a year, the most likely option.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Ideally a top 4 Dman is heading the other way if he is traded. He has been on absolute fire lately. A late first won't cut it

Most top 4D hold more value then top 6 wingers. I think you'd be disappointed if this is the return you're expecting.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Neither side adds ...

Kane for Tanev. Straight up.

Why isn't Kane worth Tanev?

Why isn't Tanev worth Kane?

Buffalo and Vancouver fans are too too bias to be objective.

Because top 4 D (especially RD) hold more value then top 6 wingers. Especially when you start looking at their contracts.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Because top 4 D (especially RD) hold more value then top 6 wingers. Especially when you start looking at their contracts.

When you are talking 2/3/4 Dmen a top 6 winger has same value.

A top winger is less than top Dman which is less than a top center.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

That's not correct based on trades that have been made, there are a lot of examples of where #2-#4 D have more value than wingers. Neal and Niskanen for Goligoksi and Kunitz and Tangradi for Whitney are just 2 with the Penguins. The Hall for Larsson deal this year was also a top winger for a #2D and Johansen for Jones was a top center for a middle pair guy (at the time).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Not really. Age, contract and abilities come into it more so then just pure ability/skill, but from what we've seen from recent trades, if everything else is equal, the D still easily holds the edge.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kane @ 50% 2017 2nd for Montour and Ritchie....

That looks like a fairly balanced offer. I'd have to think it seriously.

Question though, is Montour thought to be the higher ceiling wise between he and Theodore?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I bet Murray takes Montour/Ritchie in a heartbeat, I don't think Anaheim makes that offer. Sabres don't have to trade Kane this season, may not trade him at all if he's open to an extension in Buffalo.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Montour is interesting. Not sure I find Ritchie that enticing, despite his draft status.

It's a pretty good offer though, no doubt.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Montour is interesting. Not sure I find Ritchie that enticing, despite his draft status.

It's a pretty good offer though, no doubt.

Ritchie is the type of player you want to love and have on your team for his potential but he's just as likely to be zack kassian. I don't think he has the offensive instincts to be a consistant year in and out 20-20 powerforward.

I want him to be because I like him a lot as a player but I'm skeptical.

The ducks are only getting 1 year of kane though so that mitigates the potential risks...must be a good trade if I'm this conflicted.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Ritchie is the type of player you want to love and have on your team for his potential but he's just as likely to be zack kassian. I don't think he has the offensive instincts to be a consistant year in and out 20-20 powerforward.

I want him to be because I like him a lot as a player but I'm skeptical.

The ducks are only getting 1 year of kane though so that mitigates the potential risks...must be a good trade if I'm this conflicted.

Not entirely sure ANA would offer that, but that is a pretty decent package (even with BUF giving up a 2nd), and I think they'd be hard pressed to get a better deal.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not entirely sure ANA would offer that, but that is a pretty decent package (even with BUF giving up a 2nd), and I think they'd be hard pressed to get a better deal.

But they don't necessarily have to deal him. They can always try to re-sign him.

I'd easily give Kane 6.2 x 6 or something of the sort. I doubt he'd get much more else where.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sell low buy high sounds like a typical Benning move :laugh:. But I really hope not Evander is a locker room cancer I don't want him near this team.

He is? That's news to us. Not one single issue in the locker room his 2 full years here that he has been a Sabre. Teammates actually have praised him and love having him. People need to stop going off of what he was in Winnipeg. And it's quite clear that Kane wasn't the only problem there. They got rid of him and they are still a disfunctional underachieving team even though people made it seem he was the root of all their problems.

That's a mighty lot of faith in Evander Kane

Not really. It's not even a full million dollar raise. That's actually a good deal considering Okposo, Backes, Lucic, Ladd and Ericsson all got 6 mil per this year and Kane is several years younger then even the youngest one of that group. He said only 25 and will be turning 27 2 months prior to the season of his next deal. That's actually a real good value for us. Kane is a much better value then any of those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00