Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It's the $400 Gucci cap that screams "man of the people." :sarcasm:

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Not sure giving away Little Caesars pizza really qualifies as a good deed.

But seriously, that was nice of him.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Good for Kane :clap:

I still want him gone.

I wonder why some posters still follow this "garbage team" with "bad fans", and a "clueless owner". Man baby rants don't make the rants true. Especially since we all read the exact opposite from out of town people who have absolutely no skin in the game to compliment the city, fans, and owner.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Problem with Kane on this team is - he's a 100% rush player. He can't help ROR/Eichel/Reinhart/Larsson on the cycle which is where they're strongest. The only center on the roster that is rush-focused is Girgensons and nobody even has him projected as a center in their lineups.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Problem with Kane on this team is - he's a 100% rush player. He can't help ROR/Eichel/Reinhart/Larsson on the cycle which is where they're strongest. The only center on the roster that is rush-focused is Girgensons and nobody even has him projected as a center in their lineups.

Doesn't matter where we here have Girgs. If Reinhart stays on wing, Housley likely uses Girgs at Center. Also I disagree that Kane can't help a line that Reinhart centers. Kane is the sort of player that Reinhart needs on the wing to drive offence and provide passes to. Reinhart is great possession player but possession doesn't score goals. I am still way in favor of trying Kane - Reinhart - Pominville. I also won't mind something like Kane - Girgensons - Fasching but definitely prefer Kane on Reinhart's line and Pomers I think would balance such a line quite well with his experience.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Doesn't matter where we here have Girgs. If Reinhart stays on wing, Housley likely uses Girgs at Center. Also I disagree that Kane can't help a line that Reinhart centers. Kane is the sort of player that Reinhart needs on the wing to drive offence and provide passes to. Reinhart is great possession player but possession doesn't score goals. I am still way in favor of trying Kane - Reinhart - Pominville. I also won't mind something like Kane - Girgensons - Fasching but definitely prefer Kane on Reinhart's line and Pomers I think would balance such a line quite well with his experience.

Reinhart drives offense.

Reinhart needs someone who's going to work the boards and get the puck to him in a position to break down the defense. Someone like a faster Foligno would be perfect but we got rid of that guy in expansion.

Any line with Kane will inevitably result in Kane being more of a factor in that line's offense than he should be. If Reinhart plays C then ALL of our centers are better players than Evander Kane and he needs to adjust his game accordingly. There's 0 indication that he's capable of that.

Last edited:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Is Kane the one tied with Eichel for 1st in on-ice GF60 over the Bylsma years? Oh wait that's Reinhart...

Literally doesnt matter. Sample size and context of the sample (Disco Dans creative sysyems) make this irrelevant. Sam is a great possession guy but he needs someone to play with, he cant do it on his own a la Eichel. Whether you want to accept this or not. I honestly think Kane on his wing will be great for us. Hope we try it at least in preseason, wether we stick with it depends on the results I guess. Sam shoyld not be a winger in todays NHL and Kane should not be paired with either Jack or ROR as hes not good fit with them IMO.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Literally doesnt matter. Sample size and context of the sample (Disco Dans creative sysyems) make this irrelevant. Sam is a great possession guy but he needs someone to play with, he cant do it on his own a la Eichel. Whether you want to accept this or not. I honestly think Kane on his wing will be great for us. Hope we try it at least in preseason, wether we stick with it depends on the results I guess. Sam shoyld not be a winger in todays NHL and Kane should not be paired with either Jack or ROR as hes not good fit with them IMO.

So give him players who can pass.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

A player doesn't need to be a dangler to "drive" offense. It doesn't require a player to literally carry the puck end to end. For example Joe Thornton drives offense for most of his career. He did so as a dominant passer, with limited skating and an almost pathological desire to not score personally.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
A player doesn't need to be a dangler to "drive" offense. It doesn't require a player to literally carry the puck end to end. For example Joe Thornton drives offense for most of his career. He did so as a dominant passer, with limited skating and an almost pathological desire to not score personally.

He is also physically dominant, which Reinhart is not. Reinhart needs someone to help him out for his line to be dominant whether Aladynn likes it or nor. Maybe someday when Reinhart gets closer to Jumbo Joes level that would change but he is not even close to that right now.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He is also physically dominant, which Reinhart is not. Reinhart needs someone to help him out for his line to be dominant whether Aladynn likes it or nor. Maybe someday when Reinhart gets closer to Jumbo Joes level that would change but he is not even close to that right now.

This is based on ??

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

You do this a lot... like it's some sort of trump card. :laugh:

Watching him play for 2 seasons and you know basic understanding of how hockey works.

Says the guy who doesn't play hockey....

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
You spelled ROR incorrectly.

d49c25a75f.png

Ryan O'Reilly is awesome, but he's still a hockey player and like every hockey player, he's better when he plays with Samson Reinhart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad