Speculation: Evander Kane Options

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
What's going to happen to him? I still think he can be really useful if brought into a discipline environment with the right veterans. Where makes the most sense and for what? I have to think Buffalo is growing tired and will move him for cheap.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
What's going to happen to him? I still think he can be really useful if brought into a discipline environment with the right veterans. Where makes the most sense and for what? I have to think Buffalo is growing tired and will move him for cheap.

No they won't

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
As others have said Buffalo isn't in a position to move him for peanuts. They're weak at LW and need him for now. Losing him in the expansion draft is possible or potentially trading him next offseason after he potentially regains more value and/or if they believe Nylander is ready to make the jump.

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012
Makes no sense for Buffalo to trade him for pennies on the dollar. Keep him, hope he turns it around, or let him buffoon himself out of the league.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
As a Canucks fan I would love to have him but it seems management doesn't like the baggage that comes along with him. He's worth the risk though and I think he'd thrive in a Nucks uniform.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I had a lot of high hopes for E. Kane. I was hoping we could have a Kane in this league that wasn't a total sleaze ball.

I'd love to see him quit being a delinquent and start focusing on the game.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Kane is no longer a kid--he is now 25 and he is still doing the same stuff he did in both Atlanta and the Peg..

Sabres a better off sitting him in a corner then more or less giving him away

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
A players value taking a nosedive is the opposite of a reason to move him.

Keep him and let things play out.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Kane is no longer a kid--he is now 25 and he is still doing the same stuff he did in both Atlanta and the Peg..

Sabres a better off sitting him in a corner then more or less giving him away

This. I'd rather suspend his contract for morality and let him sit a year rather than dumping him for nothing. The guy needs to learn consequences. Something young star athletes everywhere seem to have a problem with.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Expansion Draft will probably be the end of him. A kid that is as volatile as he is off the ice in Sin City? Yeah that's the biggest recipe for disaster the league will have ever seen in a long time.

That's like taking a gambling addict to, well, Vegas.

Evander Kane, at his point, should sit down with his agent and ask to play in Europe for the rest of the year, be loaned by the Sabres and play half as many games and continue counselling. The guy needs some professional help at this point for his behavior, he's entitled, stupid and angry judging by his actions. If only he focused on the game, he's actually a damn solid player, but off the ice, he's such an epic train wreck of a human being.

The path he's on, he's going to end up in jail.

As a Penguins fan, I would have loved to see this kid on the Penguins but with his behavior, it would need to be something like Crosby and Sullivan sitting down with him first to talk to him and then report back to JR and then make a move. Even then, I don't want to even bother. People will assume oh there'll be takers, but no. No owner is going to tell his GM hey trade assets for a guy that might get himself suspended and screw us over in the line-up, and our image.

He's high risk, the reward isn't even close to making that high risk worth it.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I think he'll settle down once he's in Vegas:sarcasm:

Yes, this would end well. Kane in Vegas. Heck, the other Kane would get in trouble there too.

Have to admit, I shook my head at Buffalo when it made the deal to get Kane. Thought it was a bad idea for them. Kid has loads of talent, but he has serious issues. He is more likely to end up behind bars than reach close to his true potential.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Expansion Draft will probably be the end of him. A kid that is as volatile as he is off the ice in Sin City? Yeah that's the biggest recipe for disaster the league will have ever seen in a long time.

That's like taking a gambling addict to, well, Vegas.

Evander Kane, at his point, should sit down with his agent and ask to play in Europe for the rest of the year, be loaned by the Sabres and play half as many games and continue counselling. The guy needs some professional help at this point for his behavior, he's entitled, stupid and angry judging by his actions. If only he focused on the game, he's actually a damn solid player, but off the ice, he's such an epic train wreck of a human being.

The path he's on, he's going to end up in jail.

As a Penguins fan, I would have loved to see this kid on the Penguins but with his behavior, it would need to be something like Crosby and Sullivan sitting down with him first to talk to him and then report back to JR and then make a move. Even then, I don't want to even bother. People will assume oh there'll be takers, but no. No owner is going to tell his GM hey trade assets for a guy that might get himself suspended and screw us over in the line-up, and our image.

He's high risk, the reward isn't even close to making that high risk worth it.

Talent wise, you take him. He is nothing but a negative in every other facet. I had zero interest in Pittsburgh ever reaching to the point to acquire him. Problem child.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Makes no sense for Buffalo to trade him for pennies on the dollar. Keep him, hope he turns it around, or let him buffoon himself out of the league.

Hehe keep hanging on to those Reich Marks only printed on one side and that with so many zeros on them that they barely fit on one side... ;)

It's not pennies on the dollar, he is worth what he should be worth, ie nothing.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny

He's on a team lead by Ryan O'Reily, Brian Gionta and Josh Gorges, in one of the smallest markets in the league.

There could be other situations that are better for him, but there probably isn't an abundance of options.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Evander needs to be healthy and put up the stats he has the skill to do. Once he does, no one will care about what he does off the ice. Just like that other Kane guy associated with Buffalo.....

Which one of these are people talking about?

Patrick Kane Summer of 2012
17m7o9x34z0vsjpg.jpg

Patrick Kane Summer of 2015
patrick-kane.jpg

Patrick Kane Summer of 2016
web1_HKN-NHLAWARDS_062216rb_022.jpg

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
He's not being moved. Buffalo is not "tired". His current trade value makes zero sense to move him. If he has a decent year then no one cares about his extracurricular activities.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
The problem with expecting Tim Murray to move Kane for peanuts is that moving Kane for peanuts would make Tim Murray look like a complete idiot for trading for him in the first place. Not that he doesn't already look like an idiot for trading for him in the first place, but it would certainly put the permanent "bust" stamp on it. Kane either ends up in jail, or the GM who replaces Murray once he gets fired will trade him for peanuts. I don't think he leaves Buffalo any other way, including being taken in the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad