Value of: Evan Bouchard via trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Hronek is older, smaller, worse, less productive, was behind Seider whereas Bouchard has nobody in front of him and Hronek has never seen the playoffs nevermind went PPG+ in them but yeah, nailed it.
Hronek is less than 2 years older than Bouchard, give me a break. He's still an RFA after next year. And he's actually MORE productive (50.8% PPG vs 48.3%) while playing on a significantly lower scoring team. If you put Hronek on Edmontons power play I bet you he hits 60 easily. Their defense is a wash at best, with the slight edge going to Hronek. But you're right, Bouchard is bigger. So what? They're both offense first dmen, how many more points does that extra 3 inches earn you?

If you put Bouchard on a pair with guys like DeKeyser, Bowey, Chiarot, Nemeth, etc, how exposed do you think Evan is going to look?

• Haha
Reactions: ManofSteel55

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hronek is less than 2 years older than Bouchard, give me a break. He's still an RFA after next year. And he's actually MORE productive (50.8% PPG vs 48.3%) while playing on a significantly lower scoring team. If you put Hronek on Edmontons power play I bet you he hits 60 easily. Their defense is a wash at best, with the slight edge going to Hronek. But you're right, Bouchard is bigger. So what? They're both offense first dmen, how many more points does that extra 3 inches earn you?

If you put Bouchard on a pair with guys like DeKeyser, Bowey, Chiarot, Nemeth, etc, how exposed do you think Evan is going to look?
Older is older, especially when you're comparing a 23 year old in his sophomore season and a 25 year old that's seen very little advancement and whose advanced stats are abysmal. There's a reason Detroit management decided to hammer the reset button on that player.

60 points is not impressive when you realize that Bouchard produced at a 90 point pace after Barrie got dealt. Bouchard joined the best powerplay unit in history and it got *better*.

Hronek is not, nor has he ever been, better defensively than Bouchard.

The power play point is key. Bouchard got very little powerplay time until we offloaded Barrie.

Detroit has Seider on the right side. Edmonton doesn't. Bouchard is worth inherently more to Edmonton.

Finally, Bouchard played 3/4 of the season with guys like Kulak and Broberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad