Speculation: Evan Bouchard asking $11M AAV on his next deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
At the end of the day, the oilers will pay roundabout 50 million for 4 players in 2026/2027

Nurse will be really bad at this point.
Bouchard will be in his prime for years to come.
McDavid will be great for many years as well, but slightly getting worse
Draisaitl: I am not so sure about him. I think he will decline more than McDavid and already 31. Still a very good player, but overpaid.

I think paying 50 millions will hurt the oilers depth very much, considering 3 of this players are not getting better and one of them will be very bad.

Bouchard is right asking for around 10 million dollars and getting it. It will be his only big long term contract. And he will be worth it over the length of the contract. It is still a bad situation for oilers depth even if the cap space is close to 100 million.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Everyone wants to act like they're the man while suckling McDavids teat.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lol, it's all good. Some Oilers fans told me the cap will make ridiculous jumps to accommodate those ridiculous cap hits.

Going from 88 million to 92 million next year is about what most people would expect.

Do you think it's going to just stay static the following year with a new TV deal from Canada (likely going to be multi-bids maybe multi-networks including TSN and Amazon this time, not just Sportsnet).

So ok, now you're up to 96 or 97 million in 2 years.

The fact is the cap was artifically static for many years due to a freak occurence (COVID), it will now continue to rapidly rise just as it was pre-COVID.

The cap went from 39 million in 05-06 (lol) to 71.4 million in 15-16, even with another lock out in there.

The cap will be over 100 million soon, regardless of what the Oilers do. Utah will likely bring in more revenue than the peanuts that Arizona was doing in a college rink also as they'll have the novelty factor working for them in a new market and will be able to charge a decent price on tickets and concessions and jersey sales.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lots of ppl were ready to annoint him in the top tier here....what happened?

For 8 years, 11 mill isn't unreasonable on his behalf especially if it's a starting ask, which is you basically ask for the roof.

The Oilers aren't obligated to give everyone a 8 year deal though just because McDavid and Draisaitl will be getting that.

Bouchard is still only 24 years old, a 2 year bridge would take him to age 26, where he can then sign a proper 8 year deal. He'll still be fairly young by then. I'd probably rather do that if I'm the Oilers, yes you may pay a little more on the 8 year deal, but you'll have more flexibility with a higher cap, Nurse's NMC is removed making him tradable, and Campbell's buyout penalty also decreases in those years.

8.5 x 2-3 years probably makes more sense. He gets a taste of bigger money and then can re-up when the cap has risen.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Just because that's the number his side started with doesn't mean that will be the final negotiated number. If his side is said to be asking for 11, that means it'll almost assuredly be somewhere under 11.

I think they'll land under 10, but what do I know.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad