HF Habs: Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Euro 2024 starts today with Germany vs Scotland, 3 p.m. edt.

We usually have a thread for the major football (soccer) events.

I won't be able to watch first half, but I think I can the 2nd half for today.

During the group stage, there are generally 3 games per day: 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. (except for the opening match today).

TSN is showing the matches, along with TVA Sports.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Allez Les Bleus

1718385074604.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Scotland got ass-kicked by Germany 5-1. Some pretty good matches tomorrow.

Hungary vs Switzerland 9 a.m.

Spain vs Croatia 12 p.m. should be a real interesting one

Italy vs Albania at 3 p.m.

England's first game is Sunday, while France's is Monday.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hup Oranje Hup
I have lived in the Netherlands before. My good friend there idolized Johan Cruyff. I was living there during the heydey of Ronald Koeman, who could blast it in from 30 yards. Good times.

Scotland got ass-kicked by Germany 5-1. Some pretty good matches tomorrow.

Hungary vs Switzerland 9 a.m.

Spain vs Croatia 12 p.m. should be a real interesting one

Italy vs Albania at 3 p.m.

England's first game is Sunday, while France's is Monday.
A lot of intriguing teams. England has one of its strongest squads ever, upfront and in the midfield, but at the back and in goal, as well as behind the bench, who knows. Other perennial favorites like Spain, Germany and France strike me as better balanced and at least as well coached.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm not that much of a soccer fan but I'm more hyped for this than for the NHL playoffs.

In 2021 I had just moved in Petite-Italie and it was pure craziness on la Main when Italy won. I remember where I was in Parc Jarry and then everyone came out on the street and between St-Zotique and Jean-Talon St-Laurent was blocked and a mass of people were celebrating and klaxons were going off. It was my birthday too IIRC, and it was the first summer since Covid that people really slacked off on the safety measures. What a day. I fell in love with my neighborhood.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm not that much of a soccer fan but I'm more hyped for this than for the NHL playoffs.

In 2021 I had just moved in Petite-Italie and it was pure craziness on la Main when Italy won. I remember where I was in Parc Jarry and then everyone came out on the street and between St-Zotique and Jean-Talon St-Laurent was blocked and a mass of people were celebrating and klaxons were going off. It was my birthday too IIRC, and it was the first summer since Covid that people really slacked off on the safety measures. What a day. I fell in love with my neighborhood.

Yeah, when Portugal won there was an impromptu car parade in my city. It was pretty cool. It was a nice day out, so people came out and watched. As it gets into it, you'll see more and more people with flags on their cars, etc.

Summer Olympics this year, too (Paris July-August). It's a good sports summer.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

And that was just because Engerand lost.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I have lived in the Netherlands before. My good friend there idolized Johan Cruyff. I was living there during the heydey of Ronald Koeman, who could blast it in from 30 yards. Good times.

A lot of intriguing teams. England has one of its strongest squads ever, upfront and in the midfield, but at the back and in goal, as well as behind the bench, who knows. Other perennial favorites like Spain, Germany and France strike me as better balanced and at least as well coached.

Yeah, their back could be a huge potential problem for them especially with McGuire out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad