GDT: Eugenie Bouchard vs Ana Ivanovic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I love tennis, but I'm 100% behind the people whining over the obsessive coverage around Eugenie Bouchard.

She hasn't even cracked the WTA's top 10 and people are celebrating her like she's the second coming of Graff. Any average tennis fan know how unstable the women's rankings have been over the past few years, she could be fluking her heart out for all we know, give her some time. Ain't like she's some sort of tennis superstar, she's pretty much a nobody for the moment on the scene and hyping people that way has a tendency to get on my nerves.

Also people claiming the she gets all the attention for being young are sorta naive, a lot of woman peak early in their tennis career.

Lol. You don't know what your talking about.

The progression of this girl is spectacular. She wasn't named Canadian female athlete of the year for being pretty. When is the last time you saw a Canadian tennis player with her potential? She's a couple wins away from making history.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
People have pushing for Raonic for 3-4 years now, it wouldn't surprise me if at the end of this season, Bouchard as an higher ranking than Milos....

Bouchard could break the WTA's top 6 and in its current state it would be a lesser achievement than Milos' 11th spot.

I'm not trying to downplay her achievement, she might or might end up being the greatest canadian playing in the WTA in history and that's really good for her, but that's also not much of an actual achievement in the grand scheme of things. The current WTA is a mess, spots are up for grabs and we've seen a lot of rookies tearing up the rankings over the past few years.

I mean, any fans of Dubois left? Yeah..

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bouchard could break the WTA's top 6 and in its current state it would be a lesser achievement than Milos' 11th spot.

I'm not trying to downplay her achievement, she might or might end up being the greatest canadian playing in the WTA in history and that's really good for her, but that's also not much of an actual achievement in the grand scheme of things. The current WTA is a mess, spots are up for grabs and we've seen a lot of rookies tearing up the rankings over the past few years.

I mean, any fans of Dubois left? Yeah..

All Milos has done is to disappoint since climbing up the ATP ladder. Please forgive me for hoping that Bouchard might achieve more success and continues the recent trend of putting Canadian tennis on the map.

EDIT: Talk to me when Dubois reaches top 20 or close. She's never ranked higher than 87.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Tonight is special Tennis Heritage Night, so these 2 players will be sporting throwback outfits like the one seen here:

lenglen2.jpg

*watches everybody desert the thread :D

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Tonight is special Tennis Heritage Night, so these 2 players will be sporting throwback outfits like the one seen here:

lenglen2.jpg

*watches everybody desert the thread :D

I would only stop watching if they force them to play with those awful wooden rackets. :D

EDIT: haha, I just got beat to it.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
All Milos has done is to disappoint since climbing up the ATP ladder. Please forgive me for hoping that Bouchard might achieve more success and continues the recent trend of putting Canadian tennis on the map.

EDIT: Talk to me when Dubois reaches top 20 or close. She's never ranked higher than 87.

Dubois was once regarded as prospect with just as much future as Bouchard, lots of potential, some decent finish early in her career. She got injured a couple times and plateaued a lot while Bouchard is currently bubbling, a lot of things can happen in the spawn of 1 or 2 years, especially in current WTA.

Also how is Raonic disappointing? He's the youngest player hanging around what is highly considered to be one of most solid top 10 (or balanced, if you like to be technical) that the ATP has had in the last twenty years. Meanwhile Bouchard is piercing through a ranking that has been as solid as papiermaché for quite a while now and she's "putting Canadian tennis on the map"? Please.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I love tennis. Females tennis though? Lol. People watch that for the girls and tonight you have two beautiful ones.

Well, I like Tennis and I like babes.

But... I thought... 'No babes threads' on HFB? :sarcasm:

Settle down, old man. This one is for me, why don't you go hit on Celine Dion or something ?

Lol. You don't know what your talking about.

The progression of this girl is spectacular. She wasn't named Canadian female athlete of the year for being pretty. When is the last time you saw a Canadian tennis player with her potential? She's a couple wins away from making history.

Raonic ?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

I want to see Raonic round out his game a lot more before I can declare he has the potential to move into top 5. He's a serve & volley player through and through, and that won't get you any higher than he currently is. But I have never been a fan of power game in tennis and this might be clouding my judgement. I find it boring to watch and very uni-dimensional.

Now, this isn't to say I don't cheer for him. I like his dedication to tennis Canada and I love the fact that he stands behind this country. Glad we won't have another Rusedski on our hands.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Female tennis is so ****ing boring. Haven't watched for years. I only watch it for Eugénie from time to time

And I like Eugénie. :D Funny how everyone now knows everything about tennis.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Dubois was once regarded as prospect with just as much future as Bouchard, lots of potential, some decent finish early in her career. She got injured a couple times and plateaued a lot while Bouchard is currently bubbling, a lot of things can happen in the spawn of 1 or 2 years, especially in current WTA.

Also how is Raonic disappointing? He's the youngest player hanging around what is highly considered to be one of most solid top 10 (or balanced, if you like to be technical) that the ATP has had in the last twenty years. Meanwhile Bouchard is piercing through a ranking that has been as solid as papiermaché for quite a while now and she's "putting Canadian tennis on the map"? Please.

Who cares? What a party pooper, jeeze. Hot young quebec chick makes it as high as any other canadian women in history. Can we enjoy it without having some debbie downer spew nonsense ?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
If anything, Genie is giving me a reason to have an interest in Females tennis for the first time since Justine Henin's retirement.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If anything, Genie is giving me a reason to have an interest in Females tennis for the first time since Justine Henin's retirement.

I've always liked women tennis because the exchanges last longer. When I first started liking it was when Alexandra Sanchez Vicario was around. She was like a less talented female version of Nadal. Fun times.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I've always liked women tennis because the exchanges last longer. When I first started liking it was when Alexandra Sanchez Vicario was around. She was like a less talented female version of Nadal. Fun times.

I was a huge fan of Capriati. Those Seles vs Capriati matches... :amazed:

68*

This Asian girl does nothing for me. Ivanovic-Genie please.

**** off with the commercial TSN I was mirin' Ivanovic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad