ESPN, NBC, And Amazon In Agreement On 11 Year NBA Media Rights For Around 76 Billion Dollars

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
They definitely want in on it. With Comcast, presumably, having no interest in getting back in it sets up perfect to add Amazon while keeping WBD.

I wonder if (when??) Netflix will want to get a piece of the action.

I don’t see why people complain about different streaming services. Now, you can bundle them with your phone plan and have it included without any extra charge.

Will that really feel that extreme in 4 years, with how fast cable is dying?

I was doing some house sitting for my parents who still have ‘extended’ cable. There was literally nothing interesting on to watch.

I remember getting into an argument with family members around Xmas time 10 years ago. I specifically harped on that idea where cable will become obsolete/dying in 15-20 years because streaming will take over. They didn’t believe it could ever happen!

Reactions: varsaku

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I wonder if (when??) Netflix will want to get a piece of the action.

I don’t see why people complain about different streaming services. Now, you can bundle them with your phone plan and have it included without any extra charge.

I was doing some house sitting for my parents who still have ‘extended’ cable. There was literally nothing interesting on to watch.

I remember getting into an argument with family members around Xmas time 10 years ago. I specifically harped on that idea where cable will become obsolete/dying in 15-20 years because streaming will take over. They didn’t believe it could ever happen!
Also, each younger generation has lower percentage of cable users. Getting a head start to build up that streaming base will be very useful in the long run.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7