Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Bookmark.png

Reactions: izlez

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would say he's had 2 good seasons in the last 4 years.

One was a career year (21-22) and that was followed up with a career worst (22-23) unless you count when he was really young and shouldn't have been in the NHL.

His 20-21 was meh, but his 21-22 was really good and his 23-24 was solid.

Even if he's just meh this year it will still be an improvement over what we had last year. And he also seems to be a way better teammate than Vanecek, so when he plays badly he'll actually face the media and not let Lindy Ruff, Jack Hughes and the rest of the team answer for his poor play like the worthless coward Vitek Vanecek did last year.

He was known to be really bad against the Oilers. I don't recall if he was bad against them last year, nor do I have his numbers against them last year, but it was a major storyline in his really good season where he was the Vezina runner-up.

His numbers against the Oilers in both the regular season and playoffs that year were abysmal.
Last 4 seasons
Based off of SV% of goalies with atleast 30 games played

23-24: 22nd out of 46 (mid)
22-23: 34th out of 42 (bottom 20%)
21-22: 4 out of 44 (top 10%)
20-21: 19 out of 24 (bottom 20%)

In aggregate (atleast 120 games played)
17 out of 36

His aggregate is really lifted by his great season but his sv% over the last 4 seasons has been league average or gutter for starters 3 of the last 4 seasons. Maybe he finds a groove with his new team and the fountain of youth but id bet on nothing more than league average goaltending from him. That should be enough for the playoffs though

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Let's see what version of Jacob Markstrom they get. Usually after Markstrom puts up a Vezina calibre year, his following year isn't near as strong.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Keefe, now he’s out from under the thumb of Shanahan, will coach up the Devils and lead them to 100 + points.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if Keefe wins the Jack Adams next year. He's a very good coach who just needed a change of scenery. It will really help him not having the 24/7 spotlight in Toronto. This NJ team will be really motivated to make the playoffs after having a catastrophic season last year.

I'm curious to see how their backend works out, they pretty much rebuilt their entire blueline and goaltending in the last year.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
A big rebound season, sure, but president trophy is a tall order. I think the president's trophy is Dallas' to lose

Top 10 team in points for the Devils is definitely probable though. Strong roster on paper for sure

sena

Jul 3, 2024
If keefe cries to the refs all game and the players buy into the "poor us its the refs fault" they will not.
Why ever change anything, its always the refs fault

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Correct, Devils fans don't even know.

But they will, they will get educated
I hate to ruin their fun but outscoring defensive issues only gets you so far when the playoffs arrive. Teams like that never win even with some fancy scorers.

If keefe cries to the refs all game and the players buy into the "poor us its the refs fault" they will not.
Why ever change anything, its always the refs fault
Why not? It works for Rod. He even scares them by becoming bright red and having a bulging neck vein.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hate to ruin their fun but outscoring defensive issues only gets you so far when the playoffs arrive. Teams like that never win even with some fancy scorers.

Why not? It works for Rod. He even scares them by becoming bright red and having a bulging neck vein.

I was agreeing that Keefe is the issue

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I was agreeing that Keefe is the issue
I know, I was also referencing the fancy offensive system that doesn’t get it done in the playoffs. Keefe can jump up and down but if guys are scared to play defensive hockey, you’re not going to win when it matters. Keefe is an average coach at best whose top players propped up his mediocre coaching and then got himself exposed in the playoffs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know, I was also referencing the fancy offensive system that doesn’t get it done in the playoffs. Keefe can jump up and down but if guys are scared to play defensive hockey, you’re not going to win when it matters. Keefe is an average coach at best whose top players propped up his mediocre coaching and then got himself exposed in the playoffs.

I don't even think he's an average coach, I've called him the worst coach in the league, I even got a trolling infraction for saying it.

Thing is I'm not trolling that dude is the biggest fraud in the league and Devils fans are going to get educated right around mid April when whoever he's coaching against come playoff time coaches circles around him.

And it won't matter who it is either he is a fraud.

I don't if he goes 82-0.

Come playoff time Devils fans will know.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Keefe will help that team a lot, but there will be growing pains with him and his system. I don't think they will be the best team in the entire NHL.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I like the Devils chances to make the playoffs and do some damage, but its, like, the 4th season that they've been crazy hyped on here and they've made the playoffs once over that stretch. Its time to put up or shut up.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I like the Devils chances to make the playoffs and do some damage, but its, like, the 4th season that they've been crazy hyped on here and they've made the playoffs once over that stretch. Its time to put up or shut up.
What? No Devils fans have hyped up the team, It's always someone else.

Im gonna ask the question: Is Nashville elite now?

Sounds like the Predator's need to put up or shut up.

P.S at least the Devils won a round.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad