Confirmed with Link: Erik Gustafsson (2 yrs x $2m)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Having a 7D making $2M wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Holl is making $3.4M, so now we have $5.4M worth of D benchwarmers for 2 years plus Husso's $4.75M, and Copp at $5.6M for 3 more years. These bad signing are really starting to add up.

What's clearly obvious is that the team needs new pro scouts.
Holl was in the lineup (and actually played pretty well).

We want guys on ELCs to push their way into the lineup, and that's going to push guys on more expensive contracts out. It's just the nature of it. While Johansson's contract looks nicer in the pressbox than Gustafsson's, it's better for our future if Johansson grabs that opportunity.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Not sure that Kane would leave.
Me either, I suspect Kane will likely retire a wing after he gets the records he seeks, heck, I wouldn't even being against un unexpected play above their heads SC win (or two) to send him off into retirement :nod:

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Me either, I suspect Kane will likely retire a wing after he gets the records he seeks, heck, I wouldn't even being against un unexpected play above their heads SC win (or two) to send him off into retirement :nod:
i think 26-27 is the year we seriously contend. i could see a 38 year old kane contributing in a 3rd line/2pp role on a stanley cup run

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Holl was in the lineup (and actually played pretty well).

We want guys on ELCs to push their way into the lineup, and that's going to push guys on more expensive contracts out. It's just the nature of it. While Johansson's contract looks nicer in the pressbox than Gustafsson's, it's better for our future if Johansson grabs that opportunity.

Contracts are sunk cost, the best player should be playing.

In any case, Roy would have been a better choice than the $5.4M wasted on Gus and Holl. Since we can't change the past, it's nice to see Holl show some NHL level competency on the ice. He did flub the puck twice though.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad