Erie Otters 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Another reason why it will be hard not to try to make a run this year… Schaefer / Sova on the backend have a chance to create a ton of offense
Last years of Terrance, Fimis too.

Interesting to see what they do.

MajorJuniorFan98

Jul 28, 2019
Where do you guys think Toropstev fits in? Caught him in the finals of B and thought be brought energy but personally do not see him cracking roster this year unless hes a extra body.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Where do you guys think Toropstev fits in? Caught him in the finals of B and thought be brought energy but personally do not see him cracking roster this year unless hes a extra body.

He saw limited action last season...

Depending on progression he could maybe see 4th line minutes or an alternate. He does fit Stan's build in a player at about 6', maybe a little taller now. However, if he can't at least make the 4th line this year to start the season I would be surprised if he will at all.

Reactions: NOA

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
What do you guys think this is all about?
I searched the name up and an LED Ribbon display comes up. Like one that wraps around the arena. It was apparently planned to happen in 2013, but fell through due to money restraints. Don’t know what else it would be because there’s a whole other thing for the bowl entry sponsor signs. We’ll see what happens.

What do you guys think this is all about? This is in the technical packet for the arena.
I searched the name up and an LED Ribbon display comes up. Like one that wraps around the arena. It was apparently planned to happen in 2013, but fell through due to money restraints. Don’t know what else it would be because there’s a whole other thing for the bowl entry sponsor signs. We’ll see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpeg
    IMG_3887.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3890.jpeg
    IMG_3890.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 5

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
Schaefer is going to be so much fun to watch this year

Going to really put up points I think
Schaefer’s playoffs last year, while short, were the best hockey he played all year I thought. He was very good in the U-18s as well. Really looking forward to seeing him in his draft year. My buddy’s been saying since Schaefer’s bantam year he’d be going #1 overall in the OHL and NHL drafts. I still don’t think he’s right about the latter, but it doesn’t seem as unlikely as it did six months ago.

Reactions: Mata

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
What do you guys think this is all about?
This is random… I don’t understand the context of this post or what the screenshots are related to / where you found it…

most, if not, every section / tunnel entrance into the sections from the concourse has an LED screen which displays advertisements throughout the season. It seems your screenshots could be referring to that. They should have added the ribbon display years ago but it’s too late now. I’m not sure how they could add one in a way that made sense and was appealing to the eye. They don’t have 2 levels in the bowl, all 1 level, and the current construction doesn’t seem to be able to accommodate a ribbon unless they really spent some extra dime to upgrade the structure around it (which they aren’t doing because they don’t have it to spend)

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
This is random… I don’t understand the context of this post or what the screenshots are related to / where you found it…

most, if not, every section / tunnel entrance into the sections from the concourse has an LED screen which displays advertisements throughout the season. It seems your screenshots could be referring to that. They should have added the ribbon display years ago but it’s too late now. I’m not sure how they could add one in a way that made sense and was appealing to the eye. They don’t have 2 levels in the bowl, all 1 level, and the current construction doesn’t seem to be able to accommodate a ribbon unless they really spent some extra dime to upgrade the structure around it (which they aren’t doing because they don’t have it to spend)
Stumbled upon the technical packet for the arena so read it and found that. Like I said there’s a whole other thing dedicated to the sponsors above where you walk in, so that can’t be it (screenshot is what that is). And they’re saying above 101-110, 112-122, so they could be using the section further down for reference, or considering those to be on the bowl entries and not above them. They would end up having to move the section numbers down further on the wall under the suites and club level and putting it there. Couldn’t wrap it to the banners due to the amount of bars there. The sponsor screens aren’t electronic (probably have to put a board in there and it just illuminates it). We’ll see, but again, I don’t know what else that could be.

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Schaefer apparently had a big Hlinka tournament and though I’ve been on the fence about if Erie should be “all in” this season (mostly because of the still limited cupboards + the past 6 years), it’s clear that they have some potential high end talent that could put them in a good spot and next season, Spence / Schaefer would be blue chip, tradeable players that easily restock you

Reactions: frontsfan67

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Otters released the 1st weekend schedule of training camp (8/24-8/26). With no home exhibition games, I'm planning on attending some scrimmages.

Reactions: Mata and NOA

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I'd rather have Misiak than Molnar. If Sova is indeed moved it's all about the return.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Goalie probably

Kingston doesn’t have OA
From what I’ve heard Kingston is starting season with Heyes, lalonde and Guindon. Heyes will be moved later whether it’s to waivers or some bottom team when they pick up the best OA available. Poole is done.

Don’t think Kingston would be in on Sova. They have their sights set on bigger and brighter things from what I’ve heard. Then again things change drastically in junior hockey.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
If Sova is moved as rumored primary concerns with the current roster would be IMO:

1. Higher end forward/center
2. Depth at defense 2nd/3rd pairing
3. A developmental forward + draft stock
4. Either a definitive and proven starter or a solid back-up (project) goaltender as Erie just acquired an import goalie from the draft this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad