GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don’t see Arsenal better than the third-place club this year, they just don’t have it between the ears. If you’re against City your best hope is Liverpool.

Arsenal’s next three league matches are home against Liverpool and then at Newcastle and Chelsea. We’re going to learn a lot about those clubs by mid November.
The season is long and Odegaard and Saka are going to be back, at the moment I still have Arsenal as my second favourite, before Liverpool.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Wolves with the ball and a chance to make some kind of chance and they slow it to a crawl so that City can get numbers back.. When you do crap like that, it often comes back to haunt.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
What deserved this was one of the worst games this season. And on the billion corner they got a goal

Looks like it’s been called offf

They were by far the better team and Wolves spent the 2nd half crying and trying to shithouse their way to a fluke draw.

The game not being great has nothing to do with City and nothing to do with them deserving the full 3 points.

And the ref makes the correct call to give the goal, it is a shock but good to see.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rightly called a goal. Dumbest rule in football almost took that away.

They were by far the better team and Wolves spent the 2nd half crying and trying to shithouse their way to a fluke draw.

The game not being great has nothing to do with City and nothing to do with them deserving the full 3 points.

And the ref makes the correct call to give the goal, it is a shock but good to see.
They barely created anything of note in the second half. Dominating the ball and passing sideways has nothing to do with deserving. Wolves had a game plan and did it well

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It would have been ridiculous to take that goal away from City.

BUT, every set piece coach in the league is going to watch that and draw up their 5'7" guy squatting in front of the other goalie on corners now to get around the line of sight rule. Bad rule is about to get worse.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It would have been ridiculous to take that goal away from City.

BUT, every set piece coach in the league is going to watch that and draw up their 5'7" guy squatting in front of the other goalie on corners now to get around the line of sight rule. Bad rule is about to get worse
If it works on those teams they should probably get a better keeper. Silva did absolutely nothing to ensure that goal. If anything he was a liability on the play as it almost cost his team

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If it works on those teams they should probably get a better keeper. Silva did absolutely nothing to ensure that goal. If anything he was a liability on the play as it almost cost his team
I 100% agree with you. I think what's 'interesting' (using this term very lightly), Bernardo's height is kind of what saved City there (again because of a rule at least the two of us think is bad). Now obviously you aren't going to have your 6' guy popping squats like that, but if you have like eight of them in the squad maybe you can spare one? Sam Allaradyce is watching that and getting his CV ready. Teams are going to toe the obstructed view line; I guarantee you we see something similar again before the season is over.

Enzo dropped, about time.
Of course Reece James is back for Liverpool.

Half expected to see Ngolo Kante out there.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The season is long and Odegaard and Saka are going to be back, at the moment I still have Arsenal as my second favourite, before Liverpool.
We will know a lot about Liverpool after today. Still too early to be in that conversation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course Reece James is back for Liverpool.

Half expected to see Ngolo Kante out there.
he’ll be out by the 8th minute

Their average finish in the Premier league is second over the last five years. This isn’t a surprise team out of nowhere. This is Liverpool who is going to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
No but Slots Liverpool is still an unknown.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Their average finish in the Premier league is second over the last five years. This isn’t a surprise team out of nowhere. This is Liverpool who is going to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
yeah I mean I don’t think they finish worse than 4th, but this is still a new manager in his first year in the PL and a ton to prove. Honestly to me it’s just as, if not more likely Chelsea could win the PL as LFC could win the PL

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Surprised to see Diaz start on the bench, thought he was Liverpool's second best player this year.
Slot left the South Americans on the bench after the international break travel and what not. Alexis especially is always dreadful first back game from South America so don’t think this is the worst idea

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad