GWT: EPL - Matchweek 8

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I just realized there are FOUR Basque coaches in the PL right now. Too bad Xabi Alonso didn't go to Liverpool as this stat could have been even more ridiculous. Also a bottom half club needs to go and get Mendilibar.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
This one? Very much deserved. The previous two? Lol.

It's amazing how much flak Arsenal get because Michael Oliver saved City (again), rather than people talking about City.
All three have been dumb by the player. Maybe the ref could have bailed them out on the first or second, but they put themselves in the position to have the call made.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
All three have been dumb by the player. Maybe the ref could have bailed them out on the first or second, but they put themselves in the position to have the call made.
Put themselves in position to have the call made... on an attempt to take a rolling ball free kick (illegal) and half a second after the ref's whistle on a free kick that City could not have taken quickly. Oh and it's a call that hasn't been enforced against any other team despite numerous instances of the same play happening. Yup, you nailed it.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Everyone knows City would never get these calls against them no matter how correct they might have been and that’s what bothers.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Miss our chance to go ahead and then immediately concede...

The RC seemed a bit harsh to me but im no expert.
If it was called on the field, I'd have a very hard time arguing against it being a red card. The harsh part is that it's a judgement call, the on field ref gave a yellow for it, and then VAR intervenes suggesting it's a "clear and obvious" error.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad