GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The ending to this Frankfurt-Bayern match has been too crazy, but thanks guys. I'll try to see if I can find clips of any touches Brajan got in his debut.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
God what a shitshow. Players just seemed to completely switch off in the second half.

Romero and Van de Ven both with their worst games in a long while.

Udogie has been our weakest link in the starting XI this season.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think the best way to describe Spurs under Ange is naive.

If you simply turn the game on without the scoreboard or crowd noise, it's virtually impossible to tell if they're ahead or trailing based on the way they defend. There's slight hints here and there with the intensity, but the system itself has basically no difference.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What’s spurs record since the second half of the season? It seems like they went of the rails since their hot start last season?

Only PL games. This was after the Arsenal game. They've won five in a row (two PL games) since.

I think they're looking better now than they did during that end to last season. And they were cooking Brighton in the first half. But whatever happened during the second half I can't explain. The players just switched off, especially the defenders, and Ange refused to make changes early enough.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The ending to this Frankfurt-Bayern match has been too crazy, but thanks guys. I'll try to see if I can find clips of any touches Brajan got in his debut.
Don't! He was absolutely awful. Lost every ball he touched and made terrible choices.
Pressure probably.

I'm delighted to see Rutter doing this well. MOTM performance.
I've been a fan since his teenage year and it's nice to see him blossom.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
There is that Super Angeball we hear so much about

Real Madrid and City must do scrambling to get this stud in over their dud managers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't! He was absolutely awful. Lost every ball he touched and made terrible choices.
Pressure probably.

It’s his first match in a new country with new refs. I’m curious to see how he struggles with it and how he adapts :dunno:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It’s his first match in a new country with new refs. I’m curious to see how he struggles with it and how he adapts :dunno:
Not sure what refs have to do with it?

I’ll be less harsh than Evilo - it was extremely apparent it was his first appearance on a new club, the issue it seemed was that he had no chemistry with his new teammates and as a result was… kinda ignoring them. The right ideas were there, and he was definitely bright and direct. But he did a lot of trying and failing to beat his man, which created a bunch of avoidable turnovers.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gruda came on at the 87th minute for a team he has never played for after coming back from an injury. Really nothing to judge from this except gaining some fitness.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Gruda came on at the 87th minute for a team he has never played for after coming back from an injury. Really nothing to judge from this except gaining some fitness.
If I were a Brighton fan I would be encouraged by it, because the problems were problems of familiarity, not problems of "oh this guy might f***ing blow"

If he keeps going as he has, they really have a gem. He's been sensational in that spot behind Welbeck. Hard to believe he's only 22 - feels like he's been around forever.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Watching the highlights back from this morning.

Rutter and Minteh are both so good. Once again Brighton have crushed it on the recruiting front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad