GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Matchweek 7 is nigh! The matchweek kicks off with Liverpool in the early match, I'm sure to much consternation, when they head to South London to take on the Eagles. Other notable matches include Manchester City looking to rebound from a draw against Fulham at the Etihad, a once-interesting match between Aston Villa and Man United that now feels like a run-of-the-mill good team hosts mid table side match (although it must be said that Villa has a tough match midweek hosting Bayern), and Brighton will look for better luck against a London side when it hosts a Spurs team that coasted through matchweek 6 but will be playing Thursday in Hungary.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Crystal PalaceLiverpoolSat., Oct. 5, 6:30 AMSelhurst Park
ArsenalSouthamptonSat., Oct. 5, 9:00 AMThe Emirates
BrentfordWolverhampton WanderersSat., Oct. 5, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
Manchester CityFulhamSat., Oct. 5, 9:00 AMThe Etihad
West Ham UnitedIpswich TownSat., Oct. 5, 9:00 AMLondon Stadium
Leicester CityBournemouthSat., Oct. 5, 9:00 AMKing Power Stadium
EvertonNewcastle UnitedSat., Oct. 5, 11:30 AMGoodison Park
Aston VillaManchester UnitedSun., Oct. 6, 8:00 AMVilla Park
ChelseaNottingham ForestSun., Oct. 6, 8:00 AMStamford Bridge
Brighton & Hove AlbionTottenham HotspurSun., Oct. 6, 10:30 AMThe AmEx

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Matchweek 7 is nigh! The matchweek kicks off with Liverpool in the early match, I'm sure to much consternation, when they head to South London to take on the Eagles.
Here’s a fun stat of why there is much consternation

Yes someone has to play in that time slot, but (for this week for example) common sense would probably have been to pick two teams that didn’t play midweek. But as we know, the powers that be don’t care about things like that.

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
After the international break, Chelsea have a run of:

Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (H)
Man U (A)
Arsenal (H)

Points are gonna get dropped! We took 4 points from those 4 fixtures last year. So a win this weekend is crucial.

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
After the international break, Chelsea have a run of:

Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (H)
Man U (A)
Arsenal (H)

Points are gonna get dropped! We took 4 points from those 4 fixtures last year. So a win this weekend is crucial.
That first back game is going to tell A LOT about both teams. Arne Slot keeps saying LFC haven’t played anyone good (in PL) yet and he’s right.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That first back game is going to tell A LOT about both teams. Arne Slot keeps saying LFC haven’t played anyone good yet and he’s right.
Agreed, AC Milan being the exception to that rule. The highest team in the table they’ve played is forest, who they obviously lost to.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm honestly not sure it will, because matches between Chelsea and Liverpool have told us basically jack shit in recent years.
I feel like (am probably wrong) we always play each other right after international break or in an early game so more variables for sure. Played MW1 last season and MW1 is always kind of a throw away too when it comes to fortune telling. Kind of a clean slate with both managers too. These are probably both teams that will finish in the top four at end of the year, but there is still a long way to go

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed, AC Milan being the exception to that rule. The highest team in the table they’ve played is forest, who they obviously lost to.
For sure - one of the things I like about Slot is that he is telling it like it is. Doesn’t blow a lot of smoke. Getting a win at Old Trafford isn’t exactly getting a scalp any more. They certainly haven’t played anyone. Forest game was a wake up call (Klopp had “that f-in Crystal Palace game” he first season; so maybe that’s the Slot version. The good news is the fancy stats are strong. I’m pretty sure this is still a Top 4 team but Slot is definitely still learning on the job. Going to have to fix the transition defense at some point. Set piece D isn’t great either; still a lot of positives

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad