GWT: EPL - Matchweek 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We have a couple London derbies - West Ham hosts Chelsea and Tottenham looks to pick up points against Brentford - and kinda sorta a Midlands derby when Aston Villa hosts Wolves, but the big match of the week is Man City hosting Arsenal in a title clash.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
West HamChelseaSat., Sept. 21, 6:30 AMLondon Stadium
Aston VillaWolverhampton WanderersSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMVilla Park
FulhamNewcastle UnitedSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
SouthamptonIpswich TownSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMSt. Mary's Stadium
Tottenham HotspurBrentfordSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Leicester CityEvertonSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMKing Power Stadium
LiverpoolBournemouthSat., Sept. 21, 9:00 AMAnfield
Crystal PalaceManchester UnitedSat., Sept. 21, 11:30 AMSelhurst Park
Brighton & Hove AlbionNottingham ForestSun., Sept. 22, 8:00 AMThe AmEx
Manchester CityArsenalSun., Sept. 22, 10:30 AMThe Etihad

Reactions: Blender

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I'd agree though I'll be a bit more lenient this time with the injuries and coming off the first CL game. Very curious to see how we shape up

It’s not comparable at all i’d say. A draw last season meant we still controlled our own destiny. It was the right decision at the time.

Now it’s MW5 and the outcome will likely have less influence on how the season proceeds.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Anthony Taylor will not be in charge of any games this weekend. Unfortunately that is the only punishment bad refs face is a week off with pay.

A loss would put us 5 points back 5 matches into the season. Needless to say that would be a massive hill to climb. We probably need to take all 6 points off of them this season to have a chance but 4 at the minimum.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arteta confirmed that Odegaard is going to be out for a while with ankle ligament damage. Going to be tough to replace his role over the coming weeks/months.

Best options are probably a Rice - Partey pivot with Trossard at 10, or you move Saka inside and use Jesus/Sterling/Trossard on the right.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arteta confirmed that Odegaard is going to be out for a while with ankle ligament damage. Going to be tough to replace his role over the coming weeks/months.

Best options are probably a Rice - Partey pivot with Trossard at 10, or you move Saka inside and use Jesus/Sterling/Trossard on the right.
Havertz at the 10 works fine in my opinion, with Jesus up top

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Havertz at the 10 works fine in my opinion, with Jesus up top
Yeah, that works and might be the best setup for our press. I'm guessing we'll see several different combinations over the next few weeks with us playing twice a week. It'll be interesting to see how we rotate the squad and if Nwaneri gets any significant minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad