GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's been underrated for much of his career. But he's certainly been in the discussion for the top 4-5 at his position for a while. That he's continuing to do it at such a high level is certainly more the surprise to me.

That Thiago mustache is princely!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not really, at least not everywhere. Can't speak for his time In Brazil, but when he moved to Milan and started to get widespread recognition he was already 25 years old.
But he was very very highly regarded at AC Milan and considered one of the best CB's in the world?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean Rui Patricio finished like 7th in BDO voting once. i feel like that's not the best way to base his standing in world football.
I didn't use just the Bd'O. Look at the various rankings anywhere on internet.

But he was very very highly regarded at AC Milan and considered one of the best CB's in the world?
When he was easily the best.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Yes, from the very first matches onwards he received high praise. Which left you wondering where this guy had hiding for so long and couldn't break into the top teams earlier.

Porto and Fluminiense are not exactly unknown clubs, so only criticism towards him will be his pre-25 career. On the other hand, you could argue that he has made up for this by staying elite for so long.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Playing the worst team in the league helps but 9-0 is not too shabby.

Hopefully this doesn’t distract from the needs/weaknesses that are obvious.

Reactions: trostol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's funny seeing two different approaches to staying up in such stark contrast.

Bournemouth knows they're going to get pumped by some of the good teams, this is an accepted fact. But they think their team was good enough to get promoted so they think their team has a chance to get points every time they play about 12 of the other teams. Maybe they're wrong but many teams have stayed in the top flight by trying this before. They got pumped today but ultimately this doesn't hurt their season that badly, they were getting 0 points from this fixture anyway. 0 doesn't change by playing a little better.

However I would rather try Forest's way even though we know that you can spend a lot of money like QPR did and still get relegated. Villa did it too and stayed up but only barely. That being said Forest are definitely taking a chance. Not all of these players have big resale value.

Reactions: gary69

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Vardy got in behind Chalobah a bit easily a couple times when he shouldn't. And Jorginho was so useless, I watched the Southampton game before and thought Ward-Prowse would be such an upgrade over him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Vardy got in behind Chalobah a bit easily a couple times when he shouldn't. And Jorginho was so useless, I watched the Southampton game before and thought Ward-Prowse would be such an upgrade over him.
Jorginho would probably be fine in a system and role that suits him, but he contributes very little most games to this team.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad