GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea is fortunate that Leicester has mostly looked like garbage as well.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Gallagher is not Kante, they do not play the same way. Kante is actually a far better passer than Gallagher is and can be used to receive passes from the defenders. Gallagher is being forced into a role he has never played so why would we expect him to look good doing it?
Regardless, I hope they have a 6 on their list that isn’t named FDJ.

Going into another season with just three 6s when you use two every game and two are expiring and one is injury prone would be a colossal failure.

I think Cucu is a good player but still find that transfer very weird.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mount is another player being criminally misused, he should be subbed off as he's been awful and we have better options for that role on the bench. Havertz has been mostly trash again as a striker, bring on Broja.

Reactions: Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Haaland out of sorts another game he looks lost in build up. This is the exact fear I had with him. He should adapt but not looking good early for city.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, I really don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do with some of the players. Some of them just don't fit what he's trying to do.

Haaland out of sorts another game he looks lost in build up. This is the exact fear I had with him. He should adapt but not looking good early for city.

They'll figure it out, but yeah, it's definitely hard to work him in. He can do a lot of things, and eventually, I think he'll find his place. But he really doesn't fit what City want to do right now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, I really don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do with some of the players. Some of them just don't fit what he's trying to do.
He's rigidly sticking to his system and roles and plugging players into them expecting that they play top level football in them despite being a bad fit.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's rigidly sticking to his system and roles and plugging players into them expecting that they play top level football in them despite being a bad fit.
Yeah, and at the end of the day, I respect Tuchel in trying to play how he wants to play. But... so many of those players would flourish in different systems.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, and at the end of the day, I respect Tuchel in trying to play how he wants to play. But... so many of those players would flourish in different systems.
I respect managers that have a style and expected output, but you need to be flexible in how you achieve that.

Sterling wow!!!

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Couldn't have wished for a better start in the 2nd half with a man down. Slight deflection but still a nice effort by Sterling to put Chelsea ahead.

Reactions: Blender

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Damn, good counter attack and good pass by Cucurella, but Sterling's shot hit the post.

Edit: Actually, replay showed that the keeper got a foot on the shot and that's why it wen't into the post and not in.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
wow that’s a brilliant save by ward

two fantastic saves by ward in this match

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea with 10 men since the 28th minute and still have 54% possession overall.

STERLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea with 10 men since the 28th minute and still have 54% possession overall.

STERLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like i said earlier, it’s looked 10v10

i thought leicester would come out better this half though… yeesh

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He may be looking lost but it doesn't matter. The dudes a freak and only needs 1/4 chances to score. If and when he gets acclimated it could be a very big problem for the PL.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad