GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Still no Gruda? I know the EPL is poorly run, but god damn. Well fine, I'll just go to work early then so I can watch the BuLi matches later...jerks...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
That Arsenal bench looks weak af. Might be a problem over a long season, as last year they've had luck with few injuries, but you can't always count on that

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hinshelwood should just sit down, the guy is ass lol. Saka is abusing him to an almost comical degree.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Hinshelwood should just sit down, the guy is ass lol. Saka is abusing him to an almost comical degree.
It's on Brighton cause they're using him because of his family connections to the club. Especially with Estupinan on the bench.

If that's not a penalty on Dunk I don't understand what is anymore.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That Arsenal bench looks weak af. Might be a problem over a long season, as last year they've had luck with few injuries, but you can't always count on that
Yeah, with a couple injuries and some players not yet registered, it looks a little weak. The bench - assuming the same starting lineup - with full health will be Martinelli, Jesus, Sterling, Merino, Jorginho, Nwaneri, Calafiori, Zinchenko, Neto. And that leaves out Tomiyasu and Kiwior.

Reactions: gary69 and luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Three teens on the bench. Merino and Jesus injured and Sterling too late a signing. We definitely cleared out a lot of bench players this summer so it will be interesting to see whether it becomes an issue. On the other hand it's an advantage of having most of our players positionally very versatile. And if we can get some youngsters some matchtime, maybe a positive thing

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Or stuck out. Having it down by your side when a shot is fizzed in shouldn’t be a pen. Arms have to go somewhere.
Back in my day you had to make sure they were touching your body, especially when you were trying to stop a goal bound shot

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Back in my day you had to make sure they were touching your body, especially when you were trying to stop a goal bound shot
1725105420659.png

I will say on replay the part of the arm it hit is further from his body than I thought live. More 50/50 than I initially thought.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Guys, once again the handball rule changed. This discussion has happened every week.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Kavanagh needs to be taken out back and put out to pasture. Wasn’t a foul to begin with and the ball was moving into Rice’s path, which means that Veltman couldn’t have taken a legal free kick regardless. Not to mention Joao Pedro wasn’t booked for the same thing in the first half. Shocking

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kavanagh needs to be taken out back and put out to pasture. Wasn’t a foul to begin with and the ball was moving into Rice’s path, which means that Veltman couldn’t have taken a legal free kick regardless. Not to mention Joao Pedro wasn’t booked for the same thing in the first half. Shocking
That was unsportsmanlike conduct, take it with Rice for being stupid, not the ref. But yeah I'd have booked Joao Pedro too.

• Haha
Reactions: IU Hawks fan

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
What Veltman did seemed more egregious to me than what Rice did. Veltman knew exactly what he was doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad