Post-Game Talk: End of the Cinderella Story, Habs lose to Sabres 6-5

POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If Benn is still on the top pairing next game :pullhair:

The Benn - Petry pairing have not worked at all, and its been like what 10 games?
They cause several goals against every game...

Mete was playing with Petry at the start of the season and it was a good pairing...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Talking about other stuff than Price.....the day that Byron told us that they were already tired, is the day you should have been concerned about this team. It says a lot. Too small, system too demanding for how small they are. Overall mediocre D....that team gave us hope. They will rebound. But they are what they are....a bubble team that I hope will be way less than that if we ever want to rebuild seriously.
@Lshap I remember we had a discussion about this on the main board ;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It was definitely still entertaining instead of the boring robot style hockey from the last 2 seasons and if we are going to lose this is definitely the best way to do it. On a different note, it is amazing to me to see how much of a difference there is in NHL goalies with just a few small tweaks to equipment, there are some goals being scored this year that look really bad and analysts are saying that the equipment is the cause. How many goals would we see today if goalies still looked like this?
vernon1.jpg

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
Honestly im pleasantly surprised with this years Habs !! Very exciting win or lose. Look they have the exact same record as the SJ Sharks ! And are one point behind the almighty 18-19 stanley cuo champ Leafs.
My only disappointment is Price really !! But then i look at Rask and wonder if this has to do with the new goalie equipment?
That said maybe with this team Price just doesn’t fit. Move him IF you can

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It was definitely still entertaining instead of the boring robot style hockey from the last 2 seasons and if we are going to lose this is definitely the best way to do it. On a different note, it is amazing to me to see how much of a difference there is in NHL goalies with just a few small tweaks to equipment, there are some goals being scored this year that look really bad and analysts are saying that the equipment is the cause. How many goals would we see today if goalies still looked like this?
vernon1.jpg

Probably less considering those pads, blockers and gloves are all illegal due to size.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Price was off all game. Very slow on lateral movements. Bad control of rebounds. I hope it was the flu and nothing more.

He's been shit for 5 games straight.

No excuse for his play right now. He's a headcase.

He even said it during his postgame, "It's not physical, it's mental right now". It's been mental with him for a few years now...

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
If entertainment sport upsets some of you that much, you should get another hobby. Reading some of the messages here you'd think you guys are all in the Hall of Fame when in fact the "worst" player in the NHL right now would skates circles around 95% of the posters here.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Was at the game last night and a number of things stood out besides the obvious.
Our work on faceoffs was horrible two lost Ozone draws in the first period alone resulting in immediate two on ones going the other way. Two Dzone losses resulting in goals.
I hate the animator and the DJ a ton of useless noise.
4 Michigan Hot Dogs 2 bags of chips and 2 draft $73.00 :laugh:
Enjoyed the game for the most part except for that useless point.
Was thinking if this continues the Cage may include a disclaimer with their wings offer.
5 goals and must win the game to qualify.

Thank God my buddy had gift cards for the food and beverage or I'd actually be crying.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd be curious to see an UBER video about our powerplay.

The 5 on 3 is pathetic. Not one shooter.

It’ll be nice to have Weber back. But it would also be nice to have a forward that can shoot a one-timer.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Was at the game last night and a number of things stood out besides the obvious.
Our work on faceoffs was horrible two lost Ozone draws in the first period alone resulting in immediate two on ones going the other way. Two Dzone losses resulting in goals.
I hate the animator and the DJ a ton of useless noise.
4 Michigan Hot Dogs 2 bags of chips and 2 draft $73.00 :laugh:
Enjoyed the game for the most part except for that useless point.
Was thinking if this continues the Cage may include a disclaimer with their wings offer.
5 goals and must win the game to qualify.

Thank God my buddy had gift cards for the food and beverage or I'd actually be crying.
To their credit, the Habs let Kotkaniemi take plenty of faceoffs, almost all of which he lost. But that's exactly the kind of faith and big-picture patience we need to see with the kids. It's worth losing possession to let him develop.

Yeah, I was also at the game and was entertained. Like watching a bunch of cars skid into each other in the winter -- it's an accident, but you can't turn away.

I love your tagline!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I said it during the GDT last night, but this season I never feel like they are going to score on a 5 on 3. I have 0 confidence in them until Weber comes back. They have zero shooting threat.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
I said it during the GDT last night, but this season I never feel like they are going to score on a 5 on 3. I have 0 confidence in them until Weber comes back. They have zero shooting threat.

Oh well. Still tied with the Sharks

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If entertainment sport upsets some of you that much, you should get another hobby. Reading some of the messages here you'd think you guys are all in the Hall of Fame when in fact the "worst" player in the NHL right now would skates circles around 95% of the posters here.
Damn, you really stuck it to us. We are bad at hockey compared to NHL players.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The 5 on 3 is pathetic. Not one shooter.

It’ll be nice to have Weber back. But it would also be nice to have a forward that can shoot a one-timer.

We have a forward who’s got a good one timer but apparently you need to be at least 19 to be on the 1st PP

Reactions: le_sean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark