Post-Game Talk: End of the Cinderella Story, Habs lose to Sabres 6-5

POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Our lack of talent and elite shooter shows on the PP. It's basically 5 guys passing the puck and none is comfortable to shoot it.

imo the first unit can be decent, especially if Petry can start hitting the net or Weber comes back. Drouin, Domi, Gallagher, Petry/Weber, and either Kotkaniemi or Tatar is good personnel. The problem is the coaching.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Our D tonight:
Benn - Petry
Alzner - Reilly
Ouelett - Mete

Our D when healthy:
Reilly - Weber
Mete - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

man that would make a huge difference

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017

This why my France French has a problem, fait face a la musique, face? That’s not a France French word (I’m guessing it says Price faces the music?) now living in Ottawa (although more precisely Stittsville, Kanata) I’ve never seen so much French (in Calgary you got French coming out of the airport and that’s it, I only met one person who spoke French and she was from Montreal)

Reactions: groovejuice

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I am a big Carey Price fan and I will just always stand on his side as long as he is with us. He needs to get going , almost every elite athletes go through rough patches where people believe they are done. True elite players come out stronger from these strech. Ovechkin was done at some point , Crosby was cooked at some point.

Maybe his knee is not feeling great, maybe he just realises it will never come back to what it was. Personally I had a knee injury and I lost like 50% flexibility on it probably for the rest of my life. Luckily I play forward cant imagine the feeling for a goalie.

Maybe he still feels he missed the chance of a lifetime to win a cup in 14' playoffs where he got injured by Kreider.

I think what happens seems to be mostly a mental problem and yes he wins a LOT of money but money does not buys confidence or swagger and it does not cure depression.

He needs to pick up his game and I feel like the fans in montreal are actually going to make it harder on him now because he is struggling/winning ton of money.Fans always had a love/hate relation with him. Cheers would help but BOO's will come.

Right on.

He's 31. There's lots of runway left. Almost every elite player goes through this, the true elite stay with it and find a way back.

I believe he's eventually going to get back to a very consistent, high level goaltender. I think he's a winner and we can win with him. But we probably won't be ready to win with this core for another 2-3 years. That puts Carey at 33-34 which is not necessarily old for a goalie. I think he can good really good until 36 or so, just in the way he plays and approaches the game.

I really hope he doesn't become another player run out of town by fans and media.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
TSN radio guys getting owned as far as I’m concerned....until he said we were only one player away from being a cup contender.

Reactions: Belial

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any link or transcript of Carey's post game interview?

No, but we have a comment from Drouin ...

X36gIQZ.jpg

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
This why my France French has a problem, fait face a la musique, face? That’s not a France French word (I’m guessing it says Price faces the music?) now living in Ottawa (although more precisely Stittsville, Kanata) I’ve never seen so much French (in Calgary you got French coming out of the airport and that’s it, I only met one person who spoke French and she was from Montreal)

The expression coping with music is modeled on the English to face the music, which means "face the situation" or "assume the consequences".

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

While there are plenty of "anglicism" in Quebec spoken french. I must point out:

Définitions : face - Dictionnaire de français Larousse

"Côté quelconque de quelque chose ; chacune des parties extérieures de quelque chose : Les faces d'un cristal. Mets l'autre face du disque."

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Kotka should have played more. Mete too. Movement jeunesse my ass. Caller making a good point. Leopards can’t change their stripes.

Reactions: Cacaniemi

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ya and they couldn’t handle the truth, for the most part at least until he went off the rails at the end.
It seems like no one can handle the truth lately... Carey is just not delivering FFS! There's nothing wrong in criticizing his game! We do it all the time for all the other players.

lxc03

Apr 30, 2018
Nice to attack other members in your first post.
Please point out any "attack" on other members. Or point out a statement that is false... I thought this board accepts over the top exaggeration.. but it in seriousness. 1 point out of 2 for tonight game. 8-5-3 record. Not much was expected about this team this season. But reading these posts makes it sound like we're contending for the cup.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Points are all that matters at this time.
Weber, Byron, Armia, Schlemko and Plekanec could help this team.
Habs are still 3rd in the conference.....tied at #6 in the NHL.

Things are still going pretty well for the Habs
That's true. Overreaction IS the name of the game on this board. The are some concerning trends in our game, however. We are bleeding goals. Lots of them. And our franchise goalie seems to be absolutely shellshocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad