Player Discussion End of season Interviews

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Haven’t had a chance to watch it all.

Drai very cagey on his response in terms of contract negotiations.

Janmark very candid in he think he’d have many offers based on the regular season he had but he might have a few more now with the playoffs he had.

Foegele and Henrique both talk about wanting to win. Henrique notes there might be a cost associated with signing with a team that could win and needs to talk with his family about what that could mean.

A couple more:

Last edited:

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Very concerning from Draisaitl. We don't even have a GM anymore, his wife wants to be in Los Angeles. The reporters absolutely grilling him and him not giving an inch. Looking at Connor's body language as well. Concerning.

It's a contract negotiation. What do you want him to do, drool over re-signing here? He's going to ultimately look out for himself first. Doesn't really benefit him to mention anything in this interview.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Will I feel sadder after watching these? I’ll watch anyways, but someone give me a heads up so I can plan for it lol.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Will I feel sadder after watching these? I’ll watch anyways, but someone give me a heads up so I can plan for it lol.
Overall I found them pretty positive. I would say all of Brown, Henrique, Foegele, Desharnais, and Janmark clearly sounded like they would really like to be back, although Foegele and Desharnais seemed resigned to the possibility of that not happening. Henrique actually said that he's willing to take less to win.

The only one I would skip is Drai/McDavid, which I can summarize in a few lines:

Media: "Leon, are you going to re-sign in Edmonton this summer?"

Draisaitl: "I don't know"

Media: "Okay but seriously, are you going to re-sign?:

Media: "Connor this question is for you. Do you think Leon is going to re-sign?"

Connor: :oops:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Only if you think Leon is purposely misleading I guess. I have only seen a few people who think this points to him wanting to leave.

Overall I found them pretty positive. I would say all of Brown, Henrique, Foegele, Desharnais, and Janmark clearly sounded like they would really like to be back, although Foegele and Desharnais seemed resigned to the possibility of that not happening. Henrique actually said that he's willing to take less to win.

The only one I would skip is Drai/McDavid, which I can summarize in a few lines:

Media: "Leon, are you going to re-sign in Edmonton this summer?"

Media: "Okay but seriously, are you going to re-sign?:

Media: "Connor this question is for you. Do you think Leon is going to re-sign?"

Connor: :oops:
Sums it up perfectly

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Garbage fear mongering.

Serious question - do you honestly think the GM not being solidified would stop this team from negotiating a contract and extension with Drai? Do you seriously believe that's a factor?

The first two questions were legitimate questions to be asked (even if you think you know the answer) around what are your thoughts on negotiating an extension and do you have a timeline. After that? Just garbage human beings being garbage (they literally laugh at Spector for being an idiot).

You want to talk about body language? The only interesting question came from Tony Brar and Connor immediately perked up to answer a good question. If I got questions from Spector on a daily basis, I would look pissed to be sitting there too.

Give your head a shake.
Agreed. And I think he’s doing it on purpose. New account. Constant bad and inaccurate takes that piss off Oilers fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Agreed. And I think he’s doing it on purpose. New account. Constant bad and inaccurate takes that piss off Oilers fans.

Sus. You say she wants to be in LA, half hour ago you were explained she’s a Canadian actress that acts in Canadian movies exclusively. And still you come with this Made up narrative of her wanting to be in La and you state it like it’s FACT.
I swear to god I’ve blocked that person 3 times now under 3 different user names lol. It’s such obvious trolling I can’t be bothered to read it anymore.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Thank you. I feel exactly the same.

Not going to watch the McDavid or Draisaitl videos. Liked the thoughts from Janmark and Brown.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Save for the loaded Drai interview. The Interviews are actually pretty good therapy. Loved what Hyman, Nuge, and McD had to say.

On Drai, even Janny says coming up soon he’ll start to think about off season and free agency soon. It’s just at that time of the year yet.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It would have been funny if Draisaitl's answer to the last question was 'you media people'.

Q. Why leave when this is a contending team w/ mcdavid as best bud and no shortage of money?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
If anything the media constantly badgering Draisaitl about his contract is going to make him think twice.

Like holy hell ask him once and that's it. No need to rephrase the same question 5 times.
Nor this being any isolated thing and Drai took the gloves off a couple times as well in the post season pressers. Pretty sure he's sick of these scribes and the org should do something about maybe axeing accesss of some of the worst.

The other thing that strikes me is how many times that Leon and Connor have had to do these long face season ending exit pressers. Thats gotta be old, like way old.
The Henrique answer basically means no. Consult with family living in California, in Anaheim, thats a basic no. From what I heard they didn't relocate or come down to watch playoffs or be with Henrique either. Not gonna resign here.

Hopefully we've seen the last of Brown as well but I doubt it. We will have seen the last of Perry right? right? But McD loves him so I'm worried.

Who are you guys talking about? I see none of these posts.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nor this being any isolated thing and Drai took the gloves off a couple times as well in the post season pressers. Pretty sure he's sick of these scribes and the org should do something about maybe axeing accesss of some of the worst.

The other thing that strikes me is how many times that Leon and Connor have had to do these long face season ending exit pressers. Thats gotta be old, like way old.
The Henrique answer basically means no. Consult with family living in California, in Anaheim, thats a basic no. From what I heard they didn't relocate or come down to watch playoffs or be with Henrique either. Not gonna resign here.

Hopefully we've seen the last of Brown as well but I doubt it. We will have seen the last of Perry right? right? But McD loves him so I'm worried.

Who are you guys talking about? I see none of these posts.
This fraud you identified early:

Post in thread 'Connoredemption!'
Post-Game Talk: - Connoredemption!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
The interview on Drai and McD was awful and I can't believe this org isn't at some point conducting some ground rules around questions of extent of questions. Badgering Leon with 5 questions about his contract status is bad enough but further asking McD to weigh in about it is just beyond the pale. I think these players should just be saying next question, next question. Its OK to do that and nobody would blame them. Terrible presser.

As far as Drai I have a problem with how the "comeback ability os being phrased" Its time to think differently about that and front run series instead of always being behind. The Oilers were 4-8 in first 3 games of each series combined. Thats even in considering how bad the Kings were. Thats a huge problem and its a playing with fire problem that the team has been engaged in the whole McDrai arc. They are invariably almost always behind early in series and tempting fate. Its a reason they aren't posing with a SC right now. I think holding onto this narrative that they are great at resilence and coming back, albeit true, is a problematic vision to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad