Embracing the Rebuild: Tank Nation, the Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Some people on the Sabres Google+ page want them to "make it interesting in the playoff hunt" and "get as many points as possible".

:biglaugh:

I think there's just a ton of people out there who don't realize there's a draft or don't realize the importance of the draft. You just gotta ignore it.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Florida 2-1 over Montreal.

excellent-mr-burns.gif

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Florida 2-1 over Montreal.

9-8-1 under Horachek. Granted, they've had a few SO wins, but their possession numbers are a lot better during that stretch and Thomas has given them plus goaltending lately. I don't see the Sabres making up 12 pts on them.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Those damn Oilers!:shakehead

So long as we finish with fewer points, the Oilers don't bother me. Of all the teams who could leapfrog us for #1 overall--excluding NJ, of course, because we'd still have the first pick--Edmonton would bother me the least. There'd be a riot in Edmonton if they didn't pick Ekblad.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
with 3 point games it looks like it would be tough to catch any team besides Edmonton and NY Islanders, even those teams are 7 and 8 points up on us.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Islanders can start winning a few games anytime now, they are getting closer to us then I would like.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Islanders can start winning a few games anytime now, they are getting closer to us then I would like.

I'm not so sure that I'm worried about the Isles. Knee jerk reaction says that their D is so bad, they'd take Ekblad....but they're also deep in D prospects.

While it might sound nice to put Sam with brother Griffin in the organization, I do wonder if Bennett isn't the better fit there. Gotta figure that Tavares and Strome have the top 2 center positions locked down now.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I'm not so sure that I'm worried about the Isles. Knee jerk reaction says that their D is so bad, they'd take Ekblad....but they're also deep in D prospects.

While it might sound nice to put Sam with brother Griffin in the organization, I do wonder if Bennett isn't the better fit there. Gotta figure that Tavares and Strome have the top 2 center positions locked down now.

Meh, you can say the same thing with Colorado though on your second point. Colorado was drafting 1st but they still intended to go with BPA even if it didn't make as much sense organizationally as going with Seth Jones.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

Reinhart can play wing too. He's done so alot wit Team Canada and you'll probably see him on the wing for the WJC

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Reinhart can play wing too. He's done so alot wit Team Canada and you'll probably see him on the wing for the WJC

Was just listening to HNIC Radio on SiriusXM. I forget who the reporter was (Wharnsby?), but he said that McDavid and Shinkaruk have been Reinhart's wingers in practice.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Was just listening to HNIC Radio on SiriusXM. I forget who the reporter was (Wharnsby?), but he said that McDavid and Shinkaruk have been Reinhart's wingers in practice.

Sutter has been flip flopping Reinhart and McDavid at center. Im sure Reinhart will play center tho as he is older and is a better faceoff guy atm.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

:18 - Talks about draft status

:46 - Asked if he feels he needs too outperform Ekblad to be #1

1:38 - Talks about moving over to RW

2:49 - Talks about playing as a RW instead of C

3:13 - Mentions how he's played RW at the U-18s and when he first came into the WHL

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
I will shoot myself if we end up picking first this year and missing on McDavid next year

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I will shoot myself if we end up picking first this year and missing on McDavid next year

I wouldn't recommend shooting yourself over a hockey draft. That seems like an unreasonable and messy thing to do. Also, if the Sabres get first overall this year, it should have no bearing on whether or not they choose first next year. (Unless Reinhart propels them into mediocrity, which seems HUGELY unlikely.) Given that, you should take it one draft and a time and be ecstatic with every top pick they receive.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 6m

Either Winnipeg had an on-the-road organizational meeting in Buffalo Tuesday or they really want to see the #Amerks. 3 Jets scouts here.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 6m

Either Winnipeg had an on-the-road organizational meeting in Buffalo Tuesday or they really want to see the #Amerks. 3 Jets scouts here.

Interesting. Been wondering if the Jets were going to start making moves with that stagnant roster.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Interesting. Been wondering if the Jets were going to start making moves with that stagnant roster.
Was going to post something about Chevy being inactive last night after the game but the Drew Stafford fight drained so much of my energy I fell asleep. Anyways he (Chevy) has been incredibly nonchalant when it comes to making moves. Winnipeg has to do something. They have a decent core and have drafted very well the past two years but they need to bring in guys to form an identity. I think Evander Kane is gone from that organization by the 2014 draft at the latest. Such a talented lazy Hockey player. For a guy who said he wouldn't watch NHL playoff Hockey because he is sick of missing the playoffs the guy isn't helping that cause much. He got mugged multiple times by Foligno and Weber and showed no emotion. They have a lot of trade bait and a lot of guys that they need to decide if they want to go forward with or try a change of scenery. They're sort of just stuck as an organization right now and could use a few moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad