Proposal: Elias Pettersson to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I could see both teams being satisfied with a deal like this...

Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider
Lafreniere - Pettersson - Kakko/Strome

That's about as good as it gets for a top 6 in the NHL, and they were able to add Pettersson without sacrificing any of the elite young talent on their roster

It's funny when you think both teams will be satisfied, when it's quantity for quality trade and you admit that NYR is not giving up any of their elite prospects.

It's a garbage proposal because it's lopsided for one side.
Trading Pettersson when his value is at the lowest point of his career isn't a very smart thing to do either.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
It's funny when you think both teams will be satisfied, when it's quantity for quality trade and you admit that NYR is not giving up any of their elite prospects.

It's a garbage proposal because it's lopsided for one side.
Trading Pettersson when his value is at the lowest point of his career isn't a very smart thing to do either.

That's how it works when all-stars are traded...

Quality for quantity

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I think Vancouver keeps EP for now. The offer is a lot of future waiting.

a lot of future waiting? 3 of them are about NHL ready this year and the other ready next year mid season.

Future waiting to me is like 2-3 years away.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Trouba is only 27 and signed through the 2026 season...

So, Schneider might be his replacement in half a decade
Yeah if you're familiar w the nyr cap outlook they will have to move trouba once his nmc opens to a ntc. There is no way to keep the rest of the team together with the raises that the younger players will inevitably get.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
More like 3 years, Because Trouba still has his NMC for 3 more years and he's not waiving with his wife going to be a Dr in New York City.
Okay so you're nitpicking 2 vs 3 years here?

The point I was making still stands that Schneider is a major piece to the team's future.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It's not nitpicking, it's just pure plain fact. And even with a Mod-NTC doesn't mean Trouba is going anyhwere if there's no takers for him.
Well no shit, but almost half the league is annually looking for a top 4 rhd. If he is available someone would want him. Having a debate on exactly what happens w trouba down the road is pointless bc we don't know, but having Schneider to step into that role if needed makes a lot of sense for nyr so I would be shocked if he's to be moved.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Well no shit, but almost half the league is annually looking for a top 4 rhd. If he is available someone would want him. Having a debate on exactly what happens w trouba down the road is pointless bc we don't know, but having Schneider to step into that role if needed makes a lot of sense for nyr so I would be shocked if he's to be moved.
His $8,000,000 per for even 2 years is what's going to be the problem, Unless you're a trash bottom feeder that can afford to take on his $8,000,000 caphit. not too many contenders can afford his $8,000,000 price tag. But we shall see in 3 years from now what happens.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
His $8,000,000 per for even 2 years is what's going to be the problem, Unless you're a trash bottom feeder that can afford to take on his $8,000,000 caphit. not too many contenders can afford his $8,000,000 price tag. But we shall see in 3 years from now what happens.
Three years from now the cap will be moving again, especially with the money coming in from Seattle being more than the league envisioned. Seattle it seems may help pull the league out of the covid financial mess earlier than they ever expected which is great for everyone associated w the league.

As you said, we shall see

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Loooool yet another rangers fan adding chtyl into a trade. The rest of the league knows he ain’t that great

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
We're not trading a 1C, the most valuable position in hockey, for a second line winger, prospects and a mid round 1st.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
a lot of future waiting? 3 of them are about NHL ready this year and the other ready next year mid season.

Future waiting to me is like 2-3 years away.
Do you think just making the team as a rookie means the organization is done waiting on that player to become what they hope? Let's say Krav, Lundkvist, and Schneider are ready, they still aren't anywhere near their potential. It's all potential. Chytil is the only one with a season under his belt.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
cheap and quality depth is more important than a potential star forward?

When you do not have a surplus of bluest blue chips, only enuf for your actual immediate needs, then yes.

Also, you ever hear the saying, watch, beware putting all your eggs in one basket?

If you trade for a star and he gets signif enuf injury, whether it only diminishes his game enough or it wipes him out entirely, you're effed.

Smart move is, if you can convince Trouba to waive -- a huge IF --- then you preserve assets and offer sheet a high end guy, if it makes sense to still go there.
Not sure it does

Reactions: EdJovanovski

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If Pettersson is being traded, a young, top pairing RHD is coming back the other way. Or a young d-man who is already top 4 level but slated to become a #1.

I'd start with K'Andre Miller (hopefully can be Quinn Hughes' partner for years to come), but the Rangers have to add a blue-chip center prospect too as part of the package (no, not Chytil, better than him).

Since he's just entering his prime, I'd expect the Sharks - Karlsson trade to form the minimum of what Vancouver would ask (and that's if Petey wanted to force his way out, so the team had no leverage) BUT given that they just re-signed him I doubt that they'd have such a problem with him. So, at least,

K'Andre, [young blue-chip C], Chytil, 1st, (+Schneider?)

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd start with K'Andre Miller (hopefully can be Quinn Hughes' partner for years to come), but the Rangers have to add a blue-chip center prospect too as part of the package (no, not Chytil, better than him).

Since he's just entering his prime, I'd expect the Sharks - Karlsson trade to form the minimum of what Vancouver would ask (and that's if Petey wanted to force his way out, so the team had no leverage) BUT given that they just re-signed him I doubt that they'd have such a problem with him. So, at least,

K'Andre, [young blue-chip C], Chytil, 1st, (+Schneider?)
While something approaching this ballpark -- i.e., 3 of these 5 pieces -- might be reasonable as to value, NYR are better off w/cheap elc depth

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Three years from now the cap will be moving again, especially with the money coming in from Seattle being more than the league envisioned. Seattle it seems may help pull the league out of the covid financial mess earlier than they ever expected which is great for everyone associated w the league.

As you said, we shall see

Trouba isn't worth $8m at 27 yet you think 50% of the league would be interested in him at 30/31?

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad