Proposal: Elias Pettersson to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think Vancouver keeps EP for now. The offer is a lot of future waiting.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I could see both teams being satisfied with a deal like this...

Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider
Lafreniere - Pettersson - Kakko/Strome

That's about as good as it gets for a top 6 in the NHL, and they were able to add Pettersson without sacrificing any of the elite young talent on their roster

Possible lineup for Vancouver:

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser
Kravtsov - Miller - Garland
Pearson - Chytil - Podkolzin

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Poolman
Rathbone - Lundkvist/Schneider

With the hope that Lundkvist or Schneider can eventually replace Myers in the top 4

If they can draft their 2C of the future with one of their 2022 1sts, I think their roster would be set up nicely for long term success even if Miller isn't retained...

Last edited:

UED

May 2, 2021
I think prospects are really overrated. These guys all look like busts other than Schneider, who likely tops out as a depth DFD. This would kill the Canucks and stack the Rangers.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Vancouver's GM, and coach, are under fire to make the playoffs to keep their jobs.

Pettersson is off to a slow start, after missing the last 7 or so months due to contract negotiations and injury before that, but is still one of our best young players.

Even if Green wasn't being threatened with being fired, he doesn't seem to play rookies/young players if there is a veteran that can do the job worse (see Podkolzin and Hoglander this season versus Chiasson and Dowling).

New York doesn't have a player in the same age/cost/role situation as Pettersson is in in Vancouver. Zibanejad would be the closest match to what we'd need, but his age and added contract cost basically kill that deal where it stands.

Thank you for the interest, but I think Vancouver is much better off getting their late comers like Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes up to speed.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Schneider would be a deal breaker. He's the trouba replacement in a couple years.

Slot a difference piece or pieces for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad