Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
There’s definitely, and we see it here, people that take his aloofness as a negative. I always go back to the story of how his best friends growing up were refugees and when he learned they were being deported he created a campaign to prevent it. He seems like an introspective person with interests and concerns that go beyond hockey.
IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg
IMG_6604.jpeg

Best I can do is influencer

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Part of being successful in the playoffs and sustaining a good level of play is staying healthy.

Similar to Demko, Petey has to be smart about how hard he is training and playing in the early part of the season and do his best to stay healthy going into the post-season. This is also on the medical staff.

It is possible that he is just a naturally frail person. Seeing how often he just randomly falls over like Bambi, its possible he is just a frail dude that is prone to wearing down on a season by season basis. Weak knees, etc.

100 point regular seasons are great. And they help to push the team into a playoff spot, but they don't count for much if he is hurt and ineffective in close playoff series.
In all fairness to EP being frail and getting tired, he was a beast in the SHL playoffs and the bubble.

The hockey guy had a good video disproving that EP slows down in the 2nd half of the season, injuries withstanding of course. He's also gotten a lot more physical. I mean he falls down a lot but t tbf, the guy is constantly tripped, slashed and hooked and if he was McDavid a lot more penalties would be called.

Reactions: geebster

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Been this fanbase’s condition for a very long time. There’s a huge portion that honestly just hates the team.
The Benning/Aquilini "best buddies era" was brutal for many diehard fans and it took a toll. It will take years for that stench to go away.

One positive vibes season isn't enough to do that.

At least for me.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Been this fanbase’s condition for a very long time. There’s a huge portion that honestly just hates the team.

I remember when it was hip to hate on the Canucks in the early 2000s.

High School here was like this:

'LOSER TEAM!"

"f*** Naslund!"

"LOL Failnucks"

"Chokers!!!!"

"Go Avs! Go Sakic! Go Yzerman!!! Red Wings!!!"

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I remember when it was hip to hate on the Canucks in the early 2000s.

High School here was like this:

'LOSER TEAM!"

"f*** Naslund!"

"LOL Failnucks"

"Chokers!!!!"

"Go Avs! Go Sakic! Go Yzerman!!! Red Wings!!!"

And what was challenging to understand, if you had anything positive to say, you were "fanboy" and laughed at. And here I always thought this was a "fan" site... I get being disappointed and even a little angry (god knows I was a lot), but pure vitriol hate-ons all day? It takes more than pills to become that hard for failure

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
And what was challenging to understand, if you had anything positive to say, you were "fanboy" and laughed at. And here I always thought this was a "fan" site... I get being disappointed and even a little angry (god knows I was a lot), but pure vitriol hate-ons all day? It takes more than pills to become that hard for failure
This is not a fan site.

Its a site to discuss the various hockey leagues and the teams and players in them.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
This is not a fan site.

Its a site to discuss the various hockey leagues and the teams and players in them.

hahaha HMMMM? I had to check, so I typed in "Hockey fan sites" into google. Guess what was listed as the second site to come up?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What in the world is going on in here?
I just checked this thread out looking for EP40 news and apparently “Ripped” pictures of his training😅

Reactions: tradervik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad