Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Not to overreact to isolated events in early season games, but Elias and Marchand hooked up for one 4-on-4 goal and had another killer chance on the PK together, which has bells going off in my head that maybe the magic combo isn't Lindholm-Pasta but Marchand-Lindholm. Poitras hooking up with Pasta in OT only deepened that feeling. At least to try out Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle/Geekie/Freddy? and Zacha-Poitras-Pasta a little bit, no?

Or hell, maybe we just pull a Bruce and go top heavy with Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
6 years puts him at 34. Stamkos was good all the way through for the Bolts. Kucherov is 32 and doesn't seem to be slowing down. Nate MacKinnon doesn't seem to be slowing down at 29. In todays offensive NHL, there is no telling if Pastrnak has had his best season or not. We're seeing multiple guys reach 110-140 points. Pasta should be able to reach that mark again multiple times barring injury in my opinion.

When did they win their Cups as the best player on the team?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
When I’m not regretting the past I worry about the future; but I’m not wasting worrying on Lindholm till 2028 at the earliest, when I have legit worrying now stuff on the Bruins.

Lindholm is 10 years younger than Bergeron who’d still be playing at a high level if not for injuries

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Not to overreact to isolated events in early season games, but Elias and Marchand hooked up for one 4-on-4 goal and had another killer chance on the PK together, which has bells going off in my head that maybe the magic combo isn't Lindholm-Pasta but Marchand-Lindholm. Poitras hooking up with Pasta in OT only deepened that feeling. At least to try out Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle/Geekie/Freddy? and Zacha-Poitras-Pasta a little bit, no?

Or hell, maybe we just pull a Bruce and go top heavy with Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta.
I'm feeling that way too. Too early to say anything definitive but more often than not, chemistry is instantaneous, not something that has to be forced with 10, 20 games.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I really don’t think that more often than not chemistry is instantaneous. Hockey wise that is.
I do. Marchand and Bergeron, instant. Marchand and Krejci, didn't work. Marchand and Pasta, Instant. Hall and Pasta, instant. Hall and Coyle, instant. Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak, didn't work. Hall-Haula-Pastrnak, instant... I can't think of any lines that stunk for 20 games and then they suddenly figured it out.

I do think that sometimes 2 guys can look like they're not a great fit together when all they need is the right 3rd wheel, and when they find that guy the line suddenly pops. But again, it seems to me that the trio's chemistry is instant.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Marchand -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Zacha -- Poitras -- Coyle

Frederic -- Geekie -- Brazeau

Beecher -- Kastelic -- Kopeke

I’d like to see that first line in action. If Lindholm is as similar to Bergeron as we hear, then the national broadcasters will be calling them the perfection line in no time

Reactions: PB37

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It would be disappointing if the Bruins planned a rebuilding phase. They do very well adjusting each season and remaining competitive.
And reconstruction or rebuilding process remains a promise until it works.

For some exceptions like Chicago, TB, Pittsburgh and until it happens Oilers, more often reconstruction process can keep a team in the league basement for multiple years. I'm not sure Boston's market is ready, willing and moreover patient enough for a rebuilding process

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I do. Marchand and Bergeron, instant. Marchand and Krejci, didn't work. Marchand and Pasta, Instant. Hall and Pasta, instant. Hall and Coyle, instant. Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak, didn't work. Hall-Haula-Pastrnak, instant... I can't think of any lines that stunk for 20 games and then they suddenly figured it out.

I do think that sometimes 2 guys can look like they're not a great fit together when all they need is the right 3rd wheel, and when they find that guy the line suddenly pops. But again, it seems to me that the trio's chemistry is instant.
With lindhom, Pastrnak can get away with both more high risk creative plays gone bad, and he can look invisible like Florida and within 5 minutes score and ring the cross bar

I don’t know about you guys and gals but if I’m coaching I want Pastrnak with a strong defensive center who brings offense as well like Bergeron and Lindholm

Zacha goes well with Pastrnak.

This is like to easy.

And Coyle is a center and a strong one - underrated. I don’t want him at RW

Reactions: NDiesel

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Disappeared yesterday after a good Habs showing.

Coyle Geekie Marchand line is the one to worry about. Didn't like sitting Tufte and Jones. Brazeau is too slow give me the new big guys over him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Disappeared yesterday after a good Habs showing.

Coyle Geekie Marchand line is the one to worry about. Didn't like sitting Tufte and Jones. Brazeau is too slow give me the new big guys over him.
Brazeau is fast enough

I’ll take him everyday over Jones & Tufte

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad