Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It would be one heck of a sickness. He’s been out 5 days and Ty Anderson said he won’t be playing this week.

I’m assuming it’s some type of injury considering the length of time. Just hope it’s not the wrist injury that plagued him last year.
If its a wrist injury he could at least skate for conditioning purposes.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I hate to speculate given that his wife is 9 months pregnant, but there are a lot of things that could be keeping him away at the moment taking that into account.
You would think if it was family related they would just say not injury related. He hasn't been on ice for 3 days.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You would think if it was family related they would just say not injury related. He hasn't been on ice for 3 days.
I have said from the beginning, even before he signed, that this contract will not age well, I just did not think it would happen before the ink dried on the contract.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I have said from the beginning, even before he signed, that this contract will not age well, I just did not think it would happen before the ink dried on the contract.
Ok Doc, so want to give a prediction on 36 year old Marchand who has had hip, elbow
and sports hernia surgery last two years? Honestly as tough as he is no one is Superman. If he and Lindholm start slowly and Swayman is still out
there aren't going to be starts remotely like last two years.

Reactions: BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Ok Doc, so want to give a prediction on 36 year old Marchand who has had hip, elbow
and sports hernia surgery last two years? Honestly as tough as he is no one is Superman. If he and Lindholm start slowly and Swayman is still out
there aren't going to be starts remotely like last two years.
Let me start off with this your sarcasm is not in the same league as mine, but you keep at it. Marchand is our player, he was here when he received his injuries, and even at his age he has been a very productive player and is at the end of his contract, and decisions will need to be made on his next contract. Lindholm is signed and never should have been for the money and certainly not the term, I was up front saying this was a bad signing, but I just did not think he would be out before he even played a game............with that said I hope I am wrong about this signing, and he turns out to be a solid signing.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The B's dealt Joe Thornton in 2005 and finished the year with a gaping hole at 1C.

They went out and signed Marc Savard in free agency.
Savard goes from a one dimensional set-up guy to a more complete player under Clode before the concussions cut his career short.

Things unfolded a bit differently this time around with Bergeron kicking the can down the road year to year at the end and Krejci coming back after a year off, but the team then sort of limping by with a top 6 center by committee last season.

Are we expecting Marc Savard 2.0 here?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
The B's dealt Joe Thornton in 2005 and finished the year with a gaping hole at 1C.

Savard goes from a one dimensional set-up guy to a more complete player under Clode before the concussions cut his career short.

Things unfolded a bit differently this time around with Bergeron kicking the can down the road year to year at the end and Krejci coming back after a year off, but the team then sort of limping by with a top 6 center by committee last season.

I really like Lindholm and expect 4 good years out of him. The 28/29 cap ccould be a horror show though with Lindholm&Lindholm plus Z part deux

Reactions: Carl Hungus

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

I think you nailed why this won't be the case. Lindholm already has a rounded game. Savard, despite being a similar age when he signed here, only cared about one side of the game. He flourished under Julien because he started caring about defense, too. Savard had a lot of room to grow to become a better, more complete player. Lindholm doesn't. That's his value as a player.

Savard's transformation in Boston is why he's one of my favorite Bruins ever. Rarely do you see a guy mature so much that so late in their career. But man he gave a shit and was even better after he signed here than he was before. I love him and always will.

Reactions: BMC

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I really like Lindholm and expect 4 good years out of him. The 28/29 cap ccould be a horror show though with Lindholm&Lindholm plus Z part deux
This summer’s transactions for the Bruins make sense in the context that they are going for it over the next 3 years while Pasta, McAvoy, and Swayman are in their primes. Starting 3-4 years from now, the cap picture for this team is projected to be awful when considering players’ ages, expected regression, and AAV/term remaining. Likely a rebuild at that point. I am ok with this strategy. Better than being half in/ half out.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
You guys are going to love big Z. With his swagger and big hits, he will quickly become a fan favorite for sure. He does make some bone headed outlet passes in his own end but those are easily overlooked. Nice signing.
I'm pissed we did not resign him.Your gonna love this guy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Conor Ryan injury update on Elias Lindholm: soreness to an undisclosed area
my sources who are planted deep, deep , deep inside the B`s inner circle says he injured himself opening the copious number of Ikea boxes shown in the first edition of Behind the Bruins without the use of an exacto knife:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad