Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I really believe he can crack 30G if he's put in the bumper on the PP and rides with Pasta for 82 games. His supposed regression in offense was a direct result of bad wingers (CGY) and poor fit/chemistry (VAN). Won't have either of those problems in Boston.
Was about to post the same thing. I actually think it's a sure thing he hits 30 as long as he's healthy, and plays the PP, with Pasta.

I watched a video of all of his goals in 21-22 where he had 40+, and the guy will just fit in perfectly at that bumper spot, and finding opens spots in front of the net/the slot on passes from Pasta. Gets his shot off sneaky fast like Bergeron did.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It will look pretty good when he is our 55-60 game starter this season after Sway holds out or is traded :oops:

If swayman hold out and gets traded then it’s a disaster we even acquired him and should have kept Ullmark.

With that said I’m fairly confident swayman gets signed soon. I doubt swayman is hanging around developmental camp if things aren’t close.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Flames fan here to give ya'll some insight on Lindy:

He's a very well rounded center who can also play on the wing (he used to be top line RW with Gaudreau and Monahan before Monahan's injuries derailed his play and he got replaced with Tkachuk on the top line). He's not Bergeron, but he does everything well and can be played in all situations. He was a Selke finalist in 2022 for a reason. I think the down season last year honestly mostly had to do with him not being happy in Calgary anymore. It was obvious he wanted out and I honestly don't blame him. His good friends and guys he had the most chemistry with on the team all left/were traded (Monahan, Tkachuk and Gaudreau) and him and Huberdeau couldn't really find any chemistry together. Also, it was obvious our team was headed for a rebuild. I think he should do well in the Bruins system. Hopefully your coaching staff can utilize his quick release in the slot on the PP.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Flames fan here to give ya'll some insight on Lindy:

He's a very well rounded center who can also play on the wing (he used to be top line RW with Gaudreau and Monahan before Monahan's injuries derailed his play and he got replaced with Tkachuk on the top line). He's not Bergeron, but he does everything well and can be played in all situations. He was a Selke finalist in 2022 for a reason. I think the down season last year honestly mostly had to do with him not being happy in Calgary anymore. It was obvious he wanted out and I honestly don't blame him. His good friends and guys he had the most chemistry with on the team all left/were traded (Monahan, Tkachuk and Gaudreau) and him and Huberdeau couldn't really find any chemistry together. Also, it was obvious our team was headed for a rebuild. I think he should do well in the Bruins system. Hopefully your coaching staff can utilize his quick release in the slot on the PP.
Thank you for your insight on both of the former CGY players. 👍

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
For a guy who averaged 21 goals / 55 points on over 800 NHL games to put in a 25/60 year at age 30 would really be something. Let’s hope.
Ok I’ll rephrase

Elias Lindholm prior to his past season -previous 5 seasons totalling 369 games had 325 points for 72.2 points per season

This past season he was traded and dropped to 45 points but had a strong playoff in 13 games 10 points

I’d think 70 -75 with this defense and power play giving him more zone time but 25/60 would be expected

Lol he had 43 total points last year
Anomaly

He averaged 72 previous five

lol

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If they thought they couldn’t sign Swayman then Ullmark would be here and Swayman would be gone.

Thinking they can and actually doing it are two different things as you know. If they want him badly enough and can't come to an agreement, they go to arbitration and both get what they get and not what they want, but then I don't know if Swayman wants to come back after doing that again. I guess I am in a small minority here based on posts that finds the lack of a signing at this point bothersome.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
In reality it’s not the dollar but the term fhat will be the issue. That’s the cost of blowing high draft picks and using them to offload bad contracts. It’s now the price of dojng business. Still better than rolling into the season with Zacha as your 1C though.
The length worries me slightly but he's not a 10 million dollar player. In 5 years we're likely looking at 100+ cap, and a consistent defensive 3c that pots 30 pts isn't the worst thing to spend 7.75 on. Honestly there's nothing about his game that I fear like a Backes. And, frankly, something is in the water with a lot of guys these days, playing very well into their late 30s*.

*Let's not judge this poster whose hitting his late 30s and still feels really good physically, maybe it's my own battle with father time I'm extrapolating.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I really believe he can crack 30G if he's put in the bumper on the PP and rides with Pasta for 82 games. His supposed regression in offense was a direct result of bad wingers (CGY) and poor fit/chemistry (VAN). Won't have either of those problems in Boston.
I think we're (the fan base) is going to be pleasantly surprised by Lindholm, and I think that 70 pt threshold for him is very reasonable.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
His deal will suck near the end, but with a lack of centre depth, this is a deal you have to make.
He makes the team better now and probably for 3-5 years.

Suddenly our centre depth isn't terrible

Lindholm
Zacha
Coyle

With Poitras with top-six potential. It would make me happy if Poitras made Zacha or Coyle expendable for a winger next year.
I was bitterly disappointed watching Zacha during the playoffs

Reactions: finchster

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
To those who don't like the deal:

-Selke caliber forward
-Elite FO winner
-Can come on the ice at any time
-Definitely has 25 goal touch
-On this team 19 minutes would be PLENTY
-total lockerroom fit
-By the time he's 33, his salary will be completely in line with a 2C, where he could slot (Coyle is 33 this coming season for context)
-By the time he's 35, it's just a 10 team no trade (in a league that might also have 1-2 more teams by then)
-By the time he's 35, his salary could look like 6 to 6.5% of the cap. Not nothing, but also not a boat anchor. Probably at worst with a player like this is, a 25% retain on the final two years of the deal and someone is getting him at 5.6 (3C money then). Not to mention we may see another compliance buy out in the NHL by then, and Sweenius knows that.
-gave up zero assets to get him from my perspective

I dunno gang. To me this is a slam dunk

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
To those who don't like the deal:

-Selke caliber forward
-Elite FO winner
-Can come on the ice at any time
-Definitely has 25 goal touch
-On this team 19 minutes would be PLENTY
-total lockerroom fit
-By the time he's 33, his salary will be completely in line with a 2C, where he could slot (Coyle is 33 this coming season for context)
-By the time he's 35, it's just a 10 team no trade (in a league that might also have 1-2 more teams by then)
-By the time he's 35, his salary could look like 6 to 6.5% of the cap. Not nothing, but also not a boat anchor. Probably at worst with a player like this is, a 25% retain on the final two years of the deal and someone is getting him at 5.6 (3C money then). Not to mention we may see another compliance buy out in the NHL by then, and Sweenius knows that.
-gave up zero assets to get him from my perspective

I dunno gang. To me this is a slam dunk
He was the best free agent forward. The last years of the deal are irrelevant sure if he underwhelms his first season it’ll be questionable but if he gives Pasternak the much needed legit center we can prepare for and live with what happens at the end. If 2 younger guys surpass him when he’s 34/35 and you have a 10 mil 3rd line with him centering a rookie and a defense first plug it’s a great outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad