Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Is it the map that Ansbach gave you then? Yeah I really struggled with that.
No the entire map for the DLC. I dont like the veticality of it. Most places you cant reach because its too high or too low. Dunno how else to explain it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yes there are a few maps that are pretty difficult to find, though I never made it a focus so it didn’t bother me too much.

On a side note, I’m now at scadutree blessing level 16 and after retrying the final boss, im feeling good, the first stage that was one shotting me now hits like tissue paper. I could probably beat it with holy damage but I will probably use the godslayer sword just like i did the main game.

I actually have 80% damage absorbtion for most of the fight and that’s with pretty light armor. I’m going to stack even more.

I recently discovered than golden vow and black flames protection stack…I really think I could hit 90% absorption for the duration of the fight

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Even though the final boss was quite resistant to holy, the sacred blade weapon art was just way too good of a move against it. I leveled my faith to 70, and just spammed sacred blade over and over. Literally didn’t use another attack.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
1000002172.jpg

Updated my buddy on my progress yesterday. Needless to say, it's going pretty well.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I've had my fill of dragons, Bayle you bastard. That was a pain in the butt with a greatsword. I've seen people using the dragon great katana and that looks much easier to use lol.

Also screw this abyssal woods.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just beat my first DLC boss last night. I felt like such a scrub using Mimic ashes PLUS a npc summon but the enemies in the DLC are unfair with how much damage they dish out so f*** it

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just beat my first DLC boss last night. I felt like such a scrub using Mimic ashes PLUS a npc summon but the enemies in the DLC are unfair with how much damage they dish out so f*** it
NPC summons actually increase the bosses health so it actually makes the fight harder sometimes. Spirit ashes however do not increase the bosses health.

Only time NPC summons dont increase the bosses health is the handful of times that the summon sign is inside the boss room.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Rakashna was the hardest boss fight for me so far, the stupid Katana has so much range and the window to deal damage is so small.

Plus a few times I had it down to such low health that I couldn't see the health and then died trying to hit it first in a combo.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Rakashna was the hardest boss fight for me so far, the stupid Katana has so much range and the window to deal damage is so small.

Plus a few times I had it down to such low health that I couldn't see the health and then died trying to hit it first in a combo.
Sacred Blade cooks NPC bosses. They just don’t know how to deal with it.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Beat Gaius today. Man at first i thought that boss was complete bs, with a bs moveset, and it still kinda is, but once you get it down man is it a beautiful dance.

Messmer next after giving up on him and moving to Gaius. Im not looking forward to it lol

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Beat Gaius today. Man at first i thought that boss was complete bs, with a bs moveset, and it still kinda is, but once you get it down man is it a beautiful dance.

Messmer next after giving up on him and moving to Gaius. Im not looking forward to it lol
Gaius is another boss that sacred blade melts. He's actually one of the few non-undead bosses weak to holy.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Beat the DLC last night.

No one touched Malenia in terms of difficulty for me but the last fight was fun and challenging.

Others I struggled with were Blackgoal Knight (first real boss of the DLC so rust) and Rakashna was just not a great battle against my build and playstyle.

Gaius and Scadutree were fun and challenging but didn't take me many tries

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I havent beat the final boss yet but im getting to phase 2 pretty consistently. I really hope they dont nerf him but nerf the pillars of holy damage and make them more transparent, thats my biggest grip with the boss so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I havent beat the final boss yet but im getting to phase 2 pretty consistently. I really hope they dont nerf him but nerf the pillars of holy damage and make them more transparent, thats my biggest grip with the boss so far.
Are you using Marikas braid? It shouldn’t be ine shotting you if you’re at blessing level 14-15 or so

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Man i finally beat Prime Radahn after 3 days of trying. One of the most satisfying and accomplishing things ive done in a video game. Such a fun and challenging fight to learn and get down. Im not one to gatekeep someone especially in a SP video game but i didnt use summons or a cheesy shield strat build and face tank everything. I really hope they dont nerf him but nerf the pillars of holy damage and make them more transparent or something because they get in the way of things and make it hard to see.

Such a fun effin fight once you get it down.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man i finally beat Prime Radahn after 3 days of trying. One of the most satisfying and accomplishing things ive done in a video game. Such a fun and challenging fight to learn and get down. Im not one to gatekeep someone especially in a SP video game but i didnt use summons or a cheesy shield strat build and face tank everything. I really hope they dont nerf him but nerf the pillars of holy damage and make them more transparent or something because they get in the way of things and make it hard to see.

Such a fun effin fight once you get it down.
I did use a shield, however, in my defense I used the leyndell knights golden great shield with no talisman or shield buff ash of wars or sorceries so he could actually break my guard

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I did use a shield, however, in my defense I used the leyndell knights golden great shield with no talisman or shield buff ash of wars or sorceries so he could actually break my guard
One thing ive noticed about the ER community and maybe its a souls community issue is that theres a crap ton of gatekeeping that goes on which is ridiculous to me and im not going to gatekeep you or anyone else.

And theres honestly nothing wrong with your build. I had someone tell me i didnt beat the game and Malenia on my first play through because i used the mimic tear which is an insane take. Play how you want. Nothing wrong with using in game mechanics and items provided to you from the devs themselves.

I was theorizing about my build on how to take down Radahn and was originally thinking about using the Black Greatshield but i personally dont really find that gameplay much fun, to each their own. I ended up using M'lady with a bleed proc on it and with the impaling thrust ash of war and just learned the dance with him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
One thing ive noticed about the ER community and maybe its a souls community issue is that theres a crap ton of gatekeeping that goes on which is ridiculous to me and im not going to gatekeep you or anyone else.

And theres honestly nothing wrong with your build. I had someone tell me i didnt beat the game and Malenia on my first play through because i used the mimic tear which is an insane take. Play how you want. Nothing wrong with using in game mechanics and items provided to you from the devs themselves.

I was theorizing about my build on how to take down Radahn and was originally thinking about using the Black Greatshield but i personally dont really find that gameplay much fun, to each their own. I ended up using M'lady with a bleed proc on it and with the impaling thrust ash of war and just learned the dance with him.
I disagree. I think that alleged gatekeeping is mostly non-existent and most people (on the r/EldenRing sub at least) couldn't possibly care if you're using summons or cheesy builds. Maybe it's different on other platforms but i've never found it to be the case that people care how you play Elden Ring. This is my first FS game so maybe my perception is off.

I'm grappling with this currently though. A lot of the fights are either going to take me hours and hours and hours (or days) of practice to get down. Or I can just cheese it with my mimic tear and be done after the first few tries. It's a bit of a conundrum for me personally.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I disagree. I think that alleged gatekeeping is mostly non-existent and most people (on the r/EldenRing sub at least) couldn't possibly care if you're using summons or cheesy builds. Maybe it's different on other platforms but i've never found it to be the case that people care how you play Elden Ring. This is my first FS game so maybe my perception is off.

I'm grappling with this currently though. A lot of the fights are either going to take me hours and hours and hours (or days) of practice to get down. Or I can just cheese it with my mimic tear and be done after the first few tries. It's a bit of a conundrum for me personally.
Ive had different experiences over Twitch and various discords im in.

You could always watch some YT videos to speed along the process a bit and learn some pointers.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

I thought about using bleed but I ultimately decided to stick with my trusty inseparable sword. In fact I only used the weapon art for the whole fight, even though it’s pure holy sacred blade actually does decent damage against the second phase and has extremely good range.

Reactions: Sad People

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Finally bought the game a couple weeks ago. Been having a blast outside of a few bosses. Astel in the Tunnel can go screw itself. I'm at the very end. I only have Placidusax ( awesome fight ) , Malenia ( this is going to take a minute ) ,and the end boss.

I just bought the DLC so I'm going to mess around with that tonight.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Finally bought the game a couple weeks ago. Been having a blast outside of a few bosses. Astel in the Tunnel can go screw itself. I'm at the very end. I only have Placidusax ( awesome fight ) , Malenia ( this is going to take a minute ) ,and the end boss.

I just bought the DLC so I'm going to mess around with that tonight.
That DLC is going to mess around with you, pal :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad