Proposal: Ehlers to Buffalo

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets had 110 points last season. Unless they can trade Ehlers for a roster player that makes them better, I don't see them trading him. If there aren't any top 4D or a 2C on offer, then I think they'll hang onto Ehlers. He provides so much juice for their offense and transition game.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Internal wars on our forums have not been settled on this lol
He has a very high p/60 maybe it's endurance or overall durability as he does have injury concerns and doing some digging he produced at a much better rate with more time on ice. Maybe management wants to keep his next contract low? I'd offer 2 unprotected firsts+ostlund+krebs as a base

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He has a very high p/60 maybe it's endurance or overall durability as he does have injury concerns and doing some digging he produced at a much better rate with more time on ice. Maybe management wants to keep his next contract low? I'd offer 2 unprotected firsts+ostlund+krebs as a base
I'll drive him to the airport myself for that package

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He does. His situation is a little less cut and dry vs a guy like Guentzel.

The Great

His 5v5 pts/60 over the years is really, really good. Top 10 winger good.

He is probably a top 10 transition player in the NHL.

Every line he plays on performs better statistically On our team than the ones he is not on

The Question Mark's

He has almost always been used as the focal for PP2 so his ice time and points are lower than most top liners

He has almost always been used on line 2/3 so his ice time and points are lower than most top liners

His PP numbers aren't dominant like his 5v5

He had a 5 year run of injuries costing him before staying healthy last year

His playoff performances have always underwhelmed to the point even his supporters all acknowledge it

TLDR: he is exactly the type of guy whose raw totals explode with ice time.

If he ends up somewhere he is played as a top liner, he will have flaws but he will be a point a game player when he plays top line and top PP. He is very capable of both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad