Confirmed with Link: Egor Zamula Signs Two Year Contract - $1.7M AAV

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Playing mediocre youth for the sake of saying your playing youth is fig leaf coaching.

They're already one of the youngest teams in the league, if they're going to play young players over veterans at this point, it should be young players who are in their future plans, not some marginal prospects they know they're going to dump in a year or two.

York and Drysdale are younger than Attard, why are they playing?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Playing mediocre youth for the sake of saying your playing youth is fig leaf coaching.

They're already one of the youngest teams in the league, if they're going to play young players over veterans at this point, it should be young players who are in their future plans, not some marginal prospects they know they're going to dump in a year or two.

Playing mediocre youth with upside is how you save cap and contract space and give yourself a chance to strike gold.

York is playing because he is good. It's not rocket science. Drysdale occasionally plays because the team will look stupid if he fails.

Those are the wrong questions. The right questions are "why is Johnson playing" and "if the window is 27-28 why didn't they trade Seeler."

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Then why not give one of those mediocre players a long look? They are rebuilding no? This is my issue. Attard Ginning and the like may very well suck. Just find out. Also why having one of them as the 7th would be fine as it allows the Shaw, who you admire, to see them every day and give them hands on coaching. Which would be an improvement over cement head.

I am not high on the Flyer's prospects just seeing where they are at it does no harm to give guys you drafted a long look. You will need cheap solid players in the event you actually become contenders again.

Also this the Flyers are one of the youngest teams is a crock of shit spin. Look at the the NHL age not their actual age. Plus if your young and not talented does it matter?

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not like these guys have been buried in some KHL team without an internet feed.
The Flyers top brass go to Allentown on a regular basis.
Attard has played 29 NHL games. Lycksell 26.

I'm told the prospects in the pipeline suck, but they need to play these prospects anyway?
If they suck, why does it matter?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's not like these guys have been buried in some KHL team without an internet feed.
The Flyers top brass go to Allentown on a regular basis.
Attard has played 29 NHL games. Lycksell 26.

I'm told the prospects in the pipeline suck, but they need to play these prospects anyway?
Simple question for you. Do you think it makes sense to give these guys a look since the Flyers are rebuilding? Yes or no?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simple question for you. Do you think it makes sense to give these guys a look since the Flyers are rebuilding? Yes or no?
But they do get looks. People act like these prospects aren't watched every practice and every game in LHV, and the same in Philly. It's not like they just show up one day and are a complete mystery.

It's 2024, they have extensive video libraries of every player, coaches input, self-scouting, etc.

Come training camp, they'll be observing whether prospects have worked on the elements of their game that was lacking, skating, their shot, defensive fundamentals, their understanding of the scheme and their role, etc.

It's up to the players to do the work over the summer to give themselves a shot at winning a job.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
But they do get looks. People act like these prospects aren't watched every practice and every game in LHV, and the same in Philly. It's not like they just show up one day and are a complete mystery.

It's 2024, they have extensive video libraries of every player, coaches input, self-scouting, etc.

Come training camp, they'll be observing whether prospects have worked on the elements of their game that was lacking, skating, their shot, defensive fundamentals, their understanding of the scheme and their role, etc.

It's up to the players to do the work over the summer to give themselves a shot at winning a job.
Looks at the NHl level. Only reason Attard and Ginning got "looks" where by default injuries'. Not by the originations choice. Those 2 above have zero shot of winning a job no matter how great they may play and you know this to be true. All spots at the inn ae taken.

It was a yes or no question by the way!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looks at the NHl level. Only reason Attard and Ginning got "looks" where by default injuries'. Not by the originations choice. Those 2 above have zero shot of winning a job no matter how great they may play and you know this to be true. All spots at the inn ae taken.

It was a yes or no question by the way!!
Somehow I think they'd have no problem getting a job if they showed up at TC with above average speed, improved vision and played hard. That is, if they showed themselves to be legitimate top 4 D-man candidates.

We also know that's not going to happen. At best they may show that they're legitimate 3rd pair candidates, in which case Briere will have to figure something out. If they're only #7 candidates, who cares?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Somehow I think they'd have no problem getting a job if they showed up at TC with above average speed, improved vision and played hard. That is, if they showed themselves to be legitimate top 4 D-man candidates.

We also know that's not going to happen. At best they may show that they're legitimate 3rd pair candidates, in which case Briere will have to figure something out. If they're only #7 candidates, who cares?

You've gotta be told annually that TC is a terrible evaluation tool. Hence the need to give them actual games, instead of deciding to sideline them an entire season because you didn't like a half-ice scrimmage

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014

A lot of them do. Some of the ones who suck are still better than a couple regulars currently on the roster.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

So now they need to show they are legitimate top 4 guys to get a spot? They have no shot no matter how they play. Why can't you just say Blackjack you are correct.

Briere is a putz. Torts runs the show at the NHL level anyway. As said before there is no room for them no matter how they play. The top 7 is set.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A lot of them do. Some of the ones who suck are still better than a couple regulars currently on the roster.
What regulars still on the roster? Look at the second half of last season.

Deslauriers played 21 games (7 minutes a night) the second half, he's the 13th forward until they can figure out how to dump the last 2 years of his deal

Staal played 19 games at 14:15 due to injuries and Walker trade, Johnson takes his spot as #7 D-man.

Atkinson played 30 games at 14:33, he's being replaced by Michkov.

That's pretty much it. Seeler is a solid starter and nursemaid for Drysdale, Hathaway is a solid starter, Laughton is your 3/4th center until they find an upgrade. Risto is a solid 3RHD with 3 years left on his deal. No current prospect is going to replace them in 2024-25.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So now they need to show they are legitimate top 4 guys to get a spot? They have no shot no matter how they play. Why can't you just say Blackjack you are correct.

Briere is a putz. Torts runs the show at the NHL level anyway. As said before there is no room for them no matter how they play. The top 7 is set.

I am also confused why they have to show they are top 4 level. If they show they are top 6 level, they should play there. It's that simple.

(I am not confused, really. I know dead is setting an arbitrary standard that allows for defense of every bad decision)

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
What regulars still on the roster? Look at the second half of last season.

Deslauriers played 21 games (7 minutes a night) the second half, he's the 13th forward until they can figure out how to dump the last 2 years of his deal

Staal played 19 games at 14:15 due to injuries and Walker trade, Johnson takes his spot as #7 D-man.

Atkinson played 30 games at 14:33, he's being replaced by Michkov.

That's pretty much it. Seeler is a solid starter and nursemaid for Drysdale, Hathaway is a solid starter, Laughton is your 3/4th center until they find an upgrade. Risto is a solid 3RHD with 3 years left on his deal. No current prospect is going to replace them in 2024-25.
Why should they have to dump Deslauriers' last two years?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I am also confused why they have to show they are top 4 level. If they show they are top 6 level, they should play there. It's that simple.

(I am not confused, really. I know dead is setting an arbitrary standard that allows for defense of every bad decision)
To not give either one a legit long look at the NHL level over the last 2 season is funny to me. They have nothing to lose as they are rebuilding right? If you can find a cheap bottom pair dman that is what you need.

Now my assumption is they do not feel either one is NHL level. That has to be it no? Or just plain incompetence/negligence? This is all torts driven imo. He has his set guys and that is that. Danny will not go against him and remove said players. DB is a putz?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To not give either one a legit long look at the NHL level over the last 2 season is funny to me. They have nothing to lose as they are rebuilding right? If you can find a cheap bottom pair dman that is what you need.

Now my assumption is they do not feel either one is NHL level. That has to be it no? Or just plain incompetence/negligence? This is all torts driven imo. He has his set guys and that is that. Danny will not go against him and remove said players. DB is a putz?

Even if you're not rebuilding, it is free to find out if you've won the lottery on any draft picks even if it only lasts for a year or two. In which case you trade them to a dumb team like the Flyers.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Even if you're not rebuilding, it is free to find out if you've won the lottery on any draft picks even if it only lasts for a year or two. In which case you trade them to a dumb team like the Flyers.
Either way it is a terrible reflection on the Flyers whole drafting/development process. These last 2 years were a prime opportunity to find out about a few players.

On a side not the system is pretty barren to me. Some decent pieces then what?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Deslauriers will get his ass extended to eventually spread his culture riding the bus in the minors before upcoming player development gig once Steward vacates his spot to become special advisor to GM. Matter of fact I'd rather not even look who is current president of player development as I fear the worst.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: orangey

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
You've gotta be told annually that TC is a terrible evaluation tool. Hence the need to give them actual games, instead of deciding to sideline them an entire season because you didn't like a half-ice scrimmage
TC and Prospect Camps are one of those places where it prob says more about you if you are bad than if you are good lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad