GDT: Game 3 SKA vs Locomativ Sept 9 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
It's too bad. SKA just isn't in a position to deal with the growing pains of an 18 year old in the top-6. The irony is that the Habs, in a higher league, ARE in a position to do so. Hopefully SKA can be convinced to allow him to come over.

My question is would playing Demidov typical 3rd/2nd line minutes hurt them or help them?

It doesn't look like the guys they have playing those minutes are doing much with them.

Demidov will have growing pains, but he also looks like one of their better players on both sides of the puck.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
lol. A junior player's 3rd game of the season vs men and......."OMG he's being cheated!" "So unfair!" "The sky is falling!"

I'm hate Rotenberg with a passion, but this thread reads like a bunch of obnoxious hockey parents. :laugh:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's too bad. SKA just isn't in a position to deal with the growing pains of an 18 year old in the top-6. The irony is that the Habs, in a higher league, ARE in a position to do so. Hopefully SKA can be convinced to allow him to come over.

That position seems to be unnecessary and self imposed. You could shoot #17 into the sun and I guarantee you it makes SKA a better team.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
My question is would playing Demidov typical 3rd/2nd line minutes hurt them or help them?

It doesn't look like the guys they have playing those minutes are doing much with them.

Demidov will have growing pains, but he also looks like one of their better players on both sides of the puck.
It would almost certainly help them to play him more, but Rotenberg is notorious for limiting the ice time of his younger players. It's what makes sense in his head. not necessarily what makes sense in reality.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
Rotenberg is dumb.... Michkov was lucky to escape this Clown.

Get him off this team.
He is a like a Russian variant of Kyle Dubas! However for some reason he is behind the bench lol. They need a real head coach

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
lol. A junior player's 3rd game of the season vs men and......."OMG he's being cheated!" "So unfair!" "The sky is falling!"

I'm hate Rotenberg with a passion, but this thread reads like a bunch of obnoxious hockey parents. :laugh:
We have basic needs we want to see our boy!

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I kinda agree. Of course we want him to get ice time and i personally think they would win more with him being able to play more.

But it’s also something i knew would happen. He was never getting top 6 minutes and PP1 right off the bat

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Okay, Mrs. Demidova.

The woman that raised Demidov vs a coach that is universally regarded as being redacted? Tough choice. :sarcasm:

1725908132560.png

I kinda agree. Of course we want him to get ice time and i personally think they would win more with him being able to play more.

But it’s also something i knew would happen. He was never getting top 6 minutes and PP1 right off the bat

That's the thing. Nobody is surprised. Coming into a thread arguing against what was patently obvious since day 1 is the contrarian take of the day.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I always found funny the people putting blind trust in Rotenberg with Demidov's ice.

Someone convince me how 20mins of all-situations ice, in a controlled environment with close eyes on him and daily access to your own top of the line development team isn't the best and only logical path for him this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: overlords

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

That we knew.. but not seeing the ice at all in a 3rd period down a goal when he was playing well? That's something that's concerning.

I can buy it if they're defending a lead or whatever. But Rotenberg thinking he's a player to not use when down goals in the 3rd means that he's further from getting regular L3 and PP2 time than he is from getting top 6 and PP1 time.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Previous to this game, only Alistrov and Khairullin received more accumulative ice time than Demidov, for wingers.

RoRo is a dipshit. But it's 1 game.
If this game becomes the continued norm, then there's cause for concern. But until then yall sound like crazy and entitled hockey parents. "OMG I knew it! How unfair!" lol
The sky isn't falling.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's not that easy to score in the KHL, that's why what Michkov did in previous seasons was so impressive. But of course the further a young player from Rotenberg the better his chances to score points.

Some clowns keep saying SKA didn't play Michkov so he sucks. Now you see what playing for SKA is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad