Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It will be interesting to see what moves Vancouver makes this summer. I think they try to resign both Lindholm and Zadorov. But many teams Im sure are going to have them on their list if they arent resigned.

Try to trade Mikheyev, this guy isnt worth his caphit. Garland stays.

Make Silov the backup next year.

Reactions: David71

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Even with the way they fell on their face at the end that was a good season for the Canucks. Went from missing the playoffs to winning the division. Finally fixed their blueline this year which IMO had been holding them back for ages. Now it has to stay fixed, which I dunno is a bit more tricky than you'd think. They only have Hughes and Soucy signed passed this year. Cole, Myers, Zadorov all UFAs, Hronek an RFA. Hoping on Willander to come in and be a reliable top 4 seems like wishful thinking.

As a long time EP critic these playoffs reinforced for me that they need to get him in the gym. Pushed off the puck too easily and very little net drive. Just stops moving his feet every time as soon as he's on the puck. His play reminded me of Huberdeau. Van needs to get him a serious trainer and maybe a shrink or that contract is going to go very very poorly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I worry about Dakota Joshua’s mental state. He just hasn’t been the same since that sociopath Miller reamed him out in Game 6. I hope he can recover, not easy playing next to that psycho.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
It will be interesting to see what moves Vancouver makes this summer. I think they try to resign both Lindholm and Zadorov. But many teams Im sure are going to have them on their list if they arent resigned.

Try to trade Mikheyev, this guy isnt worth his caphit. Garland stays.

Make Silov the backup next year.

I'd be prioritizing Lindholm, Zadorov had some big moments (and I love him + want him to stay) but Lindholm clearly was the biggest contributor of all the free agents including Hronek.

Myers I think takes a team friendly deal to stay, which as a longtime Myers hater I approve (can't believe I'm saying that).

Joshua's leverage is probably limited & I imagine they figure that one out.

Moving Mikheyev will definitely be big if they have any hope of bringing back Lindholm.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Entertaining series, canuck fans. A healthy Demko and having Boeser in G7 (hope he gets well ASAP from his blood clot) would've made it even harder for the Oilers to win this series. Your team is well coached, and Tocchet definitely deserves the Jack Adams. Idk how your franchise keeps pumping up these goalies to be so good, but kudos on it.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Entertaining series, canuck fans. A healthy Demko and having Boeser in G7 (hope he gets well ASAP from his blood clot) would've made it even harder for the Oilers to win this series. Your team is well coached, and Tocchet definitely deserves the Jack Adams. Idk how your franchise keeps pumping up these goalies to be so good, but kudos on it.
Ian Clark. Pretty sure he picks what goalie to draft. Could be wrong.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well atleast Nucks and Oil fans can resume regularly scheduled shitting on the Leaf’s program again.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'd be prioritizing Lindholm, Zadorov had some big moments (and I love him + want him to stay) but Lindholm clearly was the biggest contributor of all the free agents including Hronek.

Myers I think takes a team friendly deal to stay, which as a longtime Myers hater I approve (can't believe I'm saying that).

Joshua's leverage is probably limited & I imagine they figure that one out.

Moving Mikheyev will definitely be big if they have any hope of bringing back Lindholm.

They might just be stuck with him at that cap hit. He's not a bad player, but at 4.75 for 2 more years I can't imagine there's a line for his services. You could buy him out, and it would free up 3.6m next year, and then 2.6m the year after, and then the extra 2 years at 1.5m. Or maybe retain 1.5 and see if you get bites at 3.25m for him.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I can never fully understand the logic of people who get upset after a series and immediately jump to the "this team I hate will get swept and beat up badly next round against that other team". Do you realize how childish you sound when you say that? It's like a kid who is upset he didn't get something, so he hopes/wishes the other kid will get hurt or be disappointed in turn. That is just pathetic.

Back to the OP, I enjoyed this series quite a lot. I'm surprised that the Oilers cut it so close. I really did not think the Canucks could go toe-to-toe with them without Demko, but they did in most of the games. Looking ahead, Edmonton really has to stop giving up leads from now on because the next teams they face will pounce on those occasions.

I'm excited to see McDavid and Draisaitl going against the Stars. This should be an exciting series! My biggest worry is Skinner. I hope he finds his game.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
… .865 for Silovs this series, not hating on him but he wasn’t fantastic. Made some big saves, but he wasn’t outstanding.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
They might just be stuck with him at that cap hit. He's not a bad player, but at 4.75 for 2 more years I can't imagine there's a line for his services. You could buy him out, and it would free up 3.6m next year, and then 2.6m the year after, and then the extra 2 years at 1.5m. Or maybe retain 1.5 and see if you get bites at 3.25m for him.
You could trade him to a rebuilding team if you attach a pick to him. SJ and Chi are here to take your shitty contracts and all your picks.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think Canucks fans should be very proud of their team overall. They had such a strong season from start to finish, even when many were expecting them to come down to earth (me included), they just kept trucking along. Lots of promise heading into next year.

They caught a couple tough breaks with Demko’s injury and then the news with Boeser yesterday - hope both have successful recoveries. Look on the positive side… you were able to see what you had in Silovs (amazing series for a rookie… one questionable game [6]) and also see what you had in your leadership. Miller was very good and lead the team with what every NHL team needs out of a leader… grit, heart, determination and accountability.

They showed a lot of resilience throughout the series and were very well coached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad