Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Toffoli 50% retained
Hoffman 50% retained
Allen 50% retained
Chiarot

To Mtl:

Holloway
Bourgault
Lavoie
Or remove 2 and add Broberg
2022 1st
Kassian (cap)
Ceci (cap)

Sure Toffoli and Hoffman 50% retained would be interesting to have on the team, but why on Earth would Edmonton want Allen or Chiarot? We've got d-men coming back soon and Kos and Skinner have played well with Smith out.

We're pretty comfy with the goaltending situation until the day comes that we know we've got a long term solution for the starting position. Having Allen doesn't change that. Skinner is without a doubt going to be our back-up next season or the season after. What is Allen going to do that Skinner can't?

And Chairot? Pending UFA? What's that going to do for us?

And Edmonton is just going to clean our their prospect pool? Oh.. OR we can remove 2 and add Broberg. WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE ADD BROBER WHEN NONE OF THE TWO PIECES INVOLVED COME CLOSE TO BROBERG'S VALUE!?

Reactions: TFHockey

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
To Edm:

Toffoli 50% retained
Hoffman 50% retained
Allen 50% retained
Chiarot

To Mtl:

Holloway
Bourgault
Lavoie
Or remove 2 and add Broberg
2022 1st
Kassian (cap)
Ceci (cap)

So i know oilers fans not gonna like this especially Bouchard/Broberg but consider this:

In toffoli and Hoffman retained you are getting bonafide top 6 25-35 goal scorers (way more playing with Mcdavid/Draisaitl) for 3 each playoffs for a COMBINED 4.625m AAV!!!

Chiarot proved his playoff value this summer and could probably be re-signed, word is he will be moving for a first.

Allen a very capable 1B/ backup for this playoffs and next year at under 1.5 mil.

If all of Toffoli Hoffman Chariot Allen have around a 1st or second round pick value as deadline rentals then this package should be worth that x 9 (one for each playoffs you are getting per player)

The Kassian and Ceci part is mainly to make the cap work for Edmonton but it could be Smith or Keith or whoever you want really.

As an Oilers fan I can only say WTF!?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
A contender needs to have cost controlled players who produce. If Edmonton trades its future stars for temporary help, they are crippling their status as a contender moving forward. The biggest issue Edmonton has had in previous years is forward depth. The solution to that problem isn't trading prospect forwards.

Do you think Dallas would have regretted trading Iginla if they never won a cup? Because trading Holloway for a forward isn't a guarantee of a cup.
The biggest regret has to be not going for it when the stars appear to line up for a season. Right now Edmonton is on fire and has a lot of solid pieces, but things can change quickly in this league.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The biggest regret has to be not going for it when the stars appear to line up for a season. Right now Edmonton is on fire and has a lot of solid pieces, but things can change quickly in this league.
I guess I'm not as optimistic about Edmonton being right there for Edmonton. We need forward depth, we need a starting goalie, and we need to do something on the back end, as everyone seems to look okay individually but we are still being outshot nearly every game. The sum of the parts isn't there, if you will. I don't think a team that needs two or three depth forwards, a starting goalie, and possibly a 2nd pair defenseman (at worst a 3rd pair defenseman) really is close enough to blow their prospect pool depth at one deadline. I'd be okay with moving any picks from this draft, and possibly a couple of other prospects (not Holloway, Broberg or Bouchard as 2 of the 3 are contributing now and the other may get into the lineup as soon as he is healthy).

The goal isn't to make a contender for one year. It's to make a contender every year.

Reactions: PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad