Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
To Edm:

Toffoli 50% retained
Hoffman 50% retained
Allen 50% retained
Chiarot

To Mtl:

Holloway
Bourgault
Lavoie
Or remove 2 and add Broberg
2022 1st
Kassian (cap)
Ceci (cap)

So i know oilers fans not gonna like this especially Bouchard/Broberg but consider this:

In toffoli and Hoffman retained you are getting bonafide top 6 25-35 goal scorers (way more playing with Mcdavid/Draisaitl) for 3 each playoffs for a COMBINED 4.625m AAV!!!

Chiarot proved his playoff value this summer and could probably be re-signed, word is he will be moving for a first.

Allen a very capable 1B/ backup for this playoffs and next year at under 1.5 mil.

If all of Toffoli Hoffman Chariot Allen have around a 1st or second round pick value as deadline rentals then this package should be worth that x 9 (one for each playoffs you are getting per player)

The Kassian and Ceci part is mainly to make the cap work for Edmonton but it could be Smith or Keith or whoever you want really.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Edm:

Toffoli 50% retained
Hoffman 50% retained
Allen 50% retained
Chiarot

To Mtl:

One of Bouchard or Broberg or Holloway
Bourgault
Lavoie
2022 1st
Kassian (cap)
Ceci (cap)

So i know oilers fans not gonna like this especially Bouchard/Broberg but consider this:

In toffoli and Hoffman retained you are getting bonafide top 6 25-35 goal scorers (way more playing with Mcdavid/Draisaitl) for 3 each playoffs for a COMBINED 4.625m AAV!!!

Chiarot proved his playoff value this summer and could probably be re-signed, word is he will be moving for a first.

Allen a very capable 1B/ backup for this playoffs and next year at under 1.5 mil.

If all of Toffoli Hoffman Chariot Allen have around a 1st or second round pick value as deadline rentals then this package should be worth that x 9 (one for each playoffs you are getting per player)

The Kassian and Ceci part is mainly to make the cap work for Edmonton but it could be Smith or Keith or whoever you want really.

you must really hate the oilers and have not seen Ceci play--he is not a cap dump at this point in time. Oilers give up a lot for what they are getting

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
you must really hate the oilers and have not seen Ceci play--he is not a cap dump at this point in time. Oilers give up a lot for what they are getting

Not at all I'm a habs fan but love the oilers and flames and look forward to rooting for them in the playoffs and hopefully see them bring the cup back home!, True dont know much about Ceci these days though, just trying to make the cap work, could be anyone you want to dump.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Habs would be retaining about 6m in 2022-2023 and 4.65 in 2023-24, Much crazier retentions all over the league.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Lol what a horrific proposal for Edmonton. They wouldn't give you Broberg/Bouchard alone for that package let alone add a first, Xavier and Lavoie.

What would you give for 3 playoff runs of toffoli Hoffman at 2.5m each , 2 runs of allen for 1.5 and Chiarot as a rental? Or is this not something that improves the Oilers chances at a cup in your opinion?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not at all I'm a habs fan but love the oilers and flames and look forward to rooting for them in the playoffs and hopefully see them bring the cup back home!, True dont know much about Ceci these days though, just trying to make the cap work, could be anyone you want to dump.

from the oilers perspective you have giving away all their future in this trade for guys who would be playing on the 3rd line and Hoffman is injured. If you had Kosk going the other direction it might be a more interesting discussion

Mar 26, 2010
So, Edmonton ships out a pile of hot garbage. Habs laugh and hang the phone up.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Whatever that list is i'm sure im already on it lol, So what is a reasonable package for those players with that retention?
Can’t see the oilers have any interest in Allen and Hoffman. Media has been pushing Chariot name in trade chat but I’m not as sold on him. Especially for all those futures you’re asking for.
Toffoli is of interest in my opinion but I doubt any feasible trade can be worked out

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Not retaining on these guys. I would rather keep that for Price, Gallagher or Petry if needed.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
To Edm:

Toffoli 50% retained
Hoffman 50% retained
Allen 50% retained
Chiarot

To Mtl:

Holloway
Bourgault
Lavoie
Or remove 2 and add Broberg
2022 1st
Kassian (cap)
Ceci (cap)

LMFAO lets also throw in Price at 50% retained and the Habs can have a cap retentions of 40m and no players to show for it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How about Edmonton just sends a 1st for Chiarot, the one piece they really need in that package, and keeps their high end prospects?

I think the Oilers also need a 3C (not in this package) and a goalie upgrade (also not in this package), but are better off finding them elsewhere.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Instead of a condom you made the bold choice to wrap your dick in sandpaper, eh?

Chiarot isn’t worth anything close to what Habs fans think

Top part made me lol.

As for the second part we've had Freidman, Marek and LeBrun all say he's worth a 1st. I think that's now what most Habs fans think he's worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad