Proposal: Edmonton-Montreal

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Great strides so what, you can say the same about Gallagher. 30 goals scorers get paid because they are valuable. BS Nurse not available, the only player on edm that’s untouchable is 97. Any gm worth a grain of salt would move just about anyone if it made the team better.

And how does moving Nurse for stuff like Reilly and Lekhonen make the team better?

Nurse isn’t untouchable but he’s damned sure not available for the kind of leftovers and broken toys deals you guys like.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never said otherwise. Nor did I ever say givingup / trading Puljujarvi would be the wise thing to do.
I'm just saying nobody's paying a 1st round pick for him, should the Oilers want to explore that option. Not Montreal, nor any other fanbase, no matter how 'receptive' they may be.

I think a team like Buffalo with multiple firsts would easily give one up for a guy that’s much closer to helping than some fresh 18 year old draftee.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
And how does moving Nurse for stuff like Reilly and Lekhonen make the team better?

Nurse isn’t untouchable but he’s damned sure not available for the kind of leftovers and broken toys deals you guys like.
That wasn’t the deal it included Gallagher and a second. Saying edm wouldn’t answer phone to that is crazy. These suggested deals are silly to begin with because none of it matters. In this case, Nurse just isn’t worth that much.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
How is this thread still a thing?

Fellow Habs fans who would trade Lehkonen for Puljujarvi:

Why do you think it's not working out in Edmonton? Why do you think it would be different in Montreal?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think a team like Buffalo with multiple firsts would easily give one up for a guy that’s much closer to helping than some fresh 18 year old draftee.

Because Buffalo has multiple firsts doesn't mean that they are willing to completely waste one on the Finnish Weise. The draft is the most important building block for teams. Project players like JP elicit interest when you only have to give up low value.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How is this thread still a thing?

Fellow Habs fans who would trade Lehkonen for Puljujarvi:

Why do you think it's not working out in Edmonton? Why do you think it would be different in Montreal?

If we didn't have Kotkaniemi and a merry bunch of Finns, Habs fans would have no interest in the Finnish Weise. Its similar to the allure of French players to Habs fans. Its illogical.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because Buffalo has multiple firsts doesn't mean that they are willing to completely waste one on the Finnish Weise. The draft is the most important building block for teams. Project players like JP elicit interest when you only have to give up low value.

They own the Sharks pick which will be, what, 24th? 25th? If you wouldn’t give that up for Puljujarvi, you’re an idiot.

Reactions: Homesick

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They own the Sharks pick which will be, what, 24th? 25th? If you wouldn’t give that up for Puljujarvi, you’re an idiot.

You are an idiot if you waste a pick like that on JP. Its like dealing that for Yak back in the day. Idiotic management. Only Chirielli would make dumb moves like that.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
3 years as a pro with little or no progress is on the cusp of bust. No team, not even edm is going to wait another 3 years before cutting loses. Prospects, even 4th overalls get pushed aside because new kids keep coming. Heck, edm was only willing to invest 4 years in a number one overall

Although Edmonton actually does have a few wingers coming up, it can't hurt to actually develop a young player. Besides, most offers for Puljujarvi (and there have been a lot on here) are pretty underwhelming. Doesn't hurt the team to hold on a player they've drafted.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Although Edmonton actually does have a few wingers coming up, it can't hurt to actually develop a young player. Besides, most offers for Puljujarvi (and there have been a lot on here) are pretty underwhelming. Doesn't hurt the team to hold on a player they've drafted.
I agree with your post regarding holding on to him, however, to think he would fetch a first or A prospect is crazy. History shows that the value of a high pick erodes super fast such proof is a 3rd for the number one overall after only 4 years. Teams move on fast from prospects and other teams just won’t overpay.

Busts happen to all teams, it is the nature of the beast. Habs fans were delusional with KHL Sherbak, fucale, and soon to be gone McCarron thinking they have/had any worth. Fresh kids come along and busts just get pushed aside, it’s the harsh reality of the NHL

Reactions: TFHockey

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Why is this still open? Here's what I gather from this:

Some Montreal fans want Puljujarvi
Oilers fans don't want him to trade him for the return proposed
Some Montreal fans devalue Puljujarvi
Oilers fans defend Puljujarvi

Rinse and repeat... stop the madness.

Reactions: Benstheman

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
If my memory serves me correctly, this is the player used with that 4th overall in 2016.

I believe I remember many threads where Habs fans offered Subban for Yakupov and that pick and they were laughed at many times by Oiler fans.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Ok, Habs fans: lets all agree that Jesse Puljujarvi is a terrible player, not worth anything. So Edmonton will just gamble and keep him. Hudon, your 2nd rd picks etc are safe and sound with you. Now leave us alone.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Ok, Habs fans: lets all agree that Jesse Puljujarvi is a terrible player, not worth anything. So Edmonton will just gamble and keep him. Hudon, your 2nd rd picks etc are safe and sound with you. Now leave us alone.

How dare a poster offer a trade proposal on a hockey board trade proposal thread. Curious here. Why would you even bother reading this thread if it hurts you so much ?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Reactions: TFHockey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
These Montreal threads are getting ridiculous . Montreal fans post them and Edmonton fans say know and it is us who are overrating our player . Please tell me how trading a consensus 3rd OA (where he was rated ) for scrap is a good ideal ? I never seen one Oiler fan ask for a big return . I see them saying we need to develop him more so he can reach some of his potential . There are games where Puljujarvi is flying around hitting , forechecking and creating changes . If he was on another team with some depth he probably would be a 30 point forward . Not great but he shows enough skill on those occasion for us to hold unto .

I think his agent is right . If there no plan he is better to move on . I think the new GM and coach needs to sit down with him and his agent and come up with a development plan . He should be getting some PP time being a right shooting winger with a good shot .

Selling low on him is not the answer and Montreal fans need to attended OA meetings . Oilers Anonymous . Remember Chia was fired . No deals to be had .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad