Speculation: Edmonton is scouting Jarred Tinordi for some reason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Tires are being kicked. So when Kenny can't pull off anything of substance at the TDL, he will have at least looked at enough re-treads to validate his time and effort.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Tinordi to the Oilers in exchange for McDavid isn't on the ice for the opening faceoff of the next game between the 2 teams (but can obviously be there for the entirety of the rest of the game). Fax it over

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Former first round pick Jarred Tinordi?

Yup, the same one Montreal traded a 2nd round pick to Arizona to move up 5 spots to take

Oil would be better off trying to talk his dad out of retirement

I forgot they traded up for him :laugh:

12 years flies by doesn't it.

Trade was 27th overall and 57th overall for 22nd overall and 113th overall. That's not an outlandish price to move up in the first round. Who were taken with the other picks? Mark Visentin, Oscar Lindberg, and Mark MacMillan. In a silo, Tinordi would likely be considered the best of the bunch.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Did Holland read the Wizard of OZ and suddenly decide he wanted a Tin man or something?

Yeesh. Not what Edmonton needs at all.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
12 years flies by doesn't it.

Trade was 27th overall and 57th overall for 22nd overall and 113th overall. That's not an outlandish price to move up in the first round. Who were taken with the other picks? Mark Visentin, Oscar Lindberg, and Mark MacMillan. In a silo, Tinordi would likely be considered the best of the bunch.
Kuznetsov at 26 would've been nice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Really need to send scouts to take a look at this guy?

he’ll give you reach and toughness and usually doesn’t completely shit the bed. At least he didn’t in Boston, I can’t speak for this season. I wouldn’t have hated him back as the #7 that would slot in when toughness is necessary

Reactions: Sigh

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Kuznetsov at 26 would've been nice

Of course, but virtually every team can look back and see a player that "got away" every year. It took 4 years to get EK over to the NHL. I have to think teams that interviewed him prior to the draft would have tried to find out how attached to the KHL he was. Some teams just aren't going to spend draft capital on a player they aren't convinced will come over in a timely fashion, if at all.

You have to look through the lens of what Montreal was looking for at the time. Off the 2010 playoff run, they were looking for defence. Ideally, someone to play opposite Subban. It's not like the Tinordi pick was panned at the time.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Of course, but virtually every team can look back and see a player that "got away" every year. It took 4 years to get EK over to the NHL. I have to think teams that interviewed him prior to the draft would have tried to find out how attached to the KHL he was. Some teams just aren't going to spend draft capital on a player they aren't convinced will come over in a timely fashion, if at all.

You have to look through the lens of what Montreal was looking for at the time. Off the 2010 playoff run, they were looking for defence. Ideally, someone to play opposite Subban. It's not like the Tinordi pick was panned at the time.
More just joking, I liked Tinordi and put him in the long line of prospects Habs failed to develop

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’ve watched the last six Wolf Pack games and if memory serves me Tinordi’s defensive pair is Nils Lundkvist. So there’s that.
Now Lundkvist is going to be an everyday NHL defenseman IMHO. He is willing to take a hit to make a play, has not shied away from physical play along the boards, behind or in front of the net and though he is a right-handed shot has and can play both sides competently.
Nils was assigned to Hartford on January 11th of this year and Jarred on February 10th I believe .

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Maybe just due diligence as part of a bigger potential trade where Tinordi is the contract needed to balance the trade? Like if Georgiev were headed to Edmonton, for example.

So who on Edmonton would the Rangers eye that makes more money than Geo?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe just due diligence as part of a bigger potential trade where Tinordi is the contract needed to balance the trade? Like if Georgiev were headed to Edmonton, for example.
This is obviously it.

Perhaps a trade like Georgiev is being discussed, and the Rangers are saying the Oilers can pick between several pieces in the org to go with him.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
A mid round pick or a 13th forward that could potentially play on the NYR 4th line for a spell? I can’t imagine his value is high but he’s also able to be buried and works as a vet in Hartford.
I read this as 13th round pick and still thought it was an overpay.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
he did an OK job as a 6/7 dman when he was with the Bruins. obviously, he has limitations but he plays hard and will stand up for teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad