Proposal: Edm-Wsh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Just for fun, but does it work?

To EDM:
Alex Ovechkin
Conor Sheary

To WSH
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Zack Hyman

Why?
For Oilers
Ovechkin - McDavid - Draisaitl

For Caps
Add depth

Both
Cap hits are close enough

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Why in the fn world would the Oilers trade a player in his absolute prime in RNH and a phenomenal grinding winger for 2 retirement contracts ?
Sheary is only 29. 22p in 53 gp which seems good value for 1.5 m lots of intangibles too.

Ovi is only 36 which is young if he is able to pull a Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
So on the power play the goalie is going to be having Ovi ripping one timers from the left circle and Draisatl ripping them from the other side with Hyman in front? Oh and not to mention a kid named McDavid facilitating the offense?

yikes you might see a 75% power play

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
So on the power play the goalie is going to be having Ovi ripping one timers from the left circle and Draisatl ripping them from the other side with Hyman in front? Oh and not to mention a kid named McDavid facilitating the offense?

yikes you might see a 75% power play
Except Hyman is going the other way in this proposal.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
i like that Conor Sheary is a part of this deal for whatever reason

Trading Ovechkin for two decent wingers would be horrible value of course but yeah would be cool to see him there. Maybe when he's 40 and needs a one year deal to hit 1,000 goals.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
We just signed Nuge to a team friendly deal. Holland is loyal to his players.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Don't be stupid.

JFC this place.
I think you meant “JFC this POSTER.”

I’d rather

NOT have Ovechkin

THAN HAVE

EITHER Hyman or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Let that sink in. It’s not hyperbole to say that for this Caps team it’s arguable I’d rather have Sheary THAN EITHER Hyman or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, he’s certainly won A LOT more than both.

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Good gracious. It's the epitome of delusion to think the Oilers say no to this deal.

Even if Holland wanted to for "hockey" reasons (he wouldn't), you think Katz would let him turn it down? Not even a slim chance.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I can’t believe Oilers fans are rejecting this :laugh:

Classic illpucks thread
Umm because they're 9-1-0 and RNH and Hyman are in their primes and are currently outplaying their cap hits.

Landing OV would be a pure PR move which the Oilers don't need since they already have McDrai. OV is still a 50 goal man but he's 36 and the Oilers need strong depth guys in Nuge/Hyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad