Confirmed Trade: [EDM/VAN] Vasily Podkolzin for OTT '25 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Podkolzin showed such glimmer when he first made the NHL—but the offense just fizzled. His near term ceiling with the Canucks was likely 4th-line energy forward.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'm not in love with this.

I was bullish on Podkolzin.

He doesn't look like he's likely got top 6 chops at this point, unless he's got perfect chemistry with someone.
But his off puck hockey sense, his small space plays (chipping it to a teammate in space, tying a guy up so his teammate can get it), his tenacity, and his raw tools of size, speed, and shot make me feel like he's still got potential to be a useful player.

With that said, I looked at our roster and really couldn't see where he would fit and wondered what would happen. I guess now I know.

It's probably not a bad move in terms of the other players we have. Kiefer Sherwood, Nils Hoglander, even Arshdeep Bains have shown more NHL potential in the last couple of years.

Podkolzin seems to have really mercurial confidence and when he's low confidence it seems like he processes the game really slowly. If he can't move past that, he's a 4th line/scratch tweener. But it's possible the Oilers have gotten a decent replacement for what Holloway has shown so far (Holloway has higher potential at this point one would think).

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I mean they extended vlad in season last year.
No team is going to openly get rid of someone when they still think the player has value and don't know how their lineup is going to look in the next season.

After all the forward signings in UFA he seemed like the odd man out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad