Confirmed Trade: [EDM/STL] Paul Fischer, '28 3rd for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Ah yes, the dreaded Future Considerations. No Goals, No Assists, No Penalty Minutes, No Games Played but ALWAYS finds a team that'll trade for them. I need their agent in my life.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
this thread took a predictable turn lmao

Blues are a good franchise and I hope them the best unless they play the Oilers. They have a good nucleus of players although I feel they are missing a major game breaker right now

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Blues are a good franchise and I hope them the best unless they play the Oilers. They have a good nucleus of players although I feel they are missing a major game breaker right now

definitely missing that piece on the backend. Getting an all situations #1 D somehow in the next 3-4 years is going to be the key to the Blues being contenders for a sustained time period. Parayko is a great piece on the backend and really helps settle the defense regardless of the opponent, but he's not a guy that's going to eclipse 40 points in a season and run a powerplay.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

Dont need a game breaker. We need a complete team. Who was the game breaker when we won the cup...maybee binnington

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
So what if they do? How does it effect you?

Blues are a Bubble team, if they miss the playoffs this season it's not really going to be the slam dunk you are making it out to be. Blues saw players who their scouts think can help speed up the retool/rebuild/refocus/remix to ignition/rewhatever and step into the NHL immediately, made the decision what they are willing to give up to aquire them, and offered what they are willing to offer. These are also two players Blues have been after for awhile, so, it's not like this is something Doug Armstrong woke up one day and said "oh boy, let's f*** someone over".
You’d think with some of the talk out there that the Blues are cup contenders now that they managed to snitch Broberg and Holloway from the Oilers :laugh:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You’d think with some of the talk out there that the Blues are cup contenders now that they managed to snitch Broberg and Holloway from the Oilers 🤣
We are definitely not, haha. Playoff team? Possibly, but we are still a couple years away at best from being contenders. Bro and Holloway are pieces that if they can progress can be part of the solution. But the Key word in that is IF.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad