Waived: [EDM] G Jack Campbell placed on waivers by the Oilers for the purpose of buyout

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So much cap going to nothing next year.lol

Campbell buyout
Neal buyout
Brown bonus
Whatever you feel Nurse is overpaid by (I say 2M but some feel it's 9M.lol)

I'm actually the highest on Rodrigue and hope this means he gets at least 10 games in next season.
Neal is off the books next year I thought

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I see him pulling a 'Rittich'.

Former All Star
Everything went to hell
Bounced around
Signed a 2 way deal
Worked his way back to the NHL

Something like that. Has to be a less popular market though.. he needs to avoid Canada, Boston, Philly, Rangers etc (not that I'm saying any of them want him.lol)
So any major market and the most toxic media in hockey? To Columbus (or similar) he goes.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Neal is off the books next year I thought
1719764502865.png

Capfriendly is already on it.lol

Over 3M to Neal and Campbell next year. Another 3 to Connor Brown's bonus. So 6 mill for 3 guys not on the roster. 6M could be a beauty 2W or 2RD or a good goalie to go with Skinner.lol

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Not the worst buyout I’ve seen and years 2 and 3 will probably offset whatever amount the cap goes up. Something will have to give when current players need new contracts and the
comps around the league go up and they ask for similar pay. Gonna hurt the depth.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I’m not a fan of either team. All I can offer is a heavily used JG Pageau for future considerations.
I actually would've done that (saves a year of cap hit)

Isles goaltending is one of the better duos in the League IMO. The Russians have locked in the goalie positions really well!

Reactions: HabsQC

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Remember when leafs fan said Campbell was a number goalie…
A Leafs fan on here also told me Jordan Schmaltz for Scott Mayfield was a fair trade a few seasons back.

I actually would've done that (saves a year of cap hit)

Isles goaltending is one of the better duos in the League IMO. The Russians have locked in the goalie positions really well!
lol not trading Pageau for Campbell. I’d do Pageau for future considerations at his full cap hit. Gets him off the Islanders salary giving them room to use the $5m in other places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad