Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Jani Hakanpaa signs with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I'm laughing at all the comments not knowing who he is. Clearly don't watch or know anything about the half the league that plays after Bedtime...

This is a very good and underrated signing.

He is better than OEL at this stage.
I'm laughing at privileged people who use the word expat instead of immigrant.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I remember watching him play a few games last year and he was baaaad. Like worse than Suter bad. Always caved in and couldn’t make a pass or clearance to save his life. Didn’t know his knee was that bad though. If he recovers to full health he could be a contributor but it is risky.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Dallas fan who watched him every game - strong disagree. He's cooked,

He may be alright if he's not being fed top PK minutes and playing almost 19 min a night. Keep him to 15 or below and he could work out just fine. Hard to say since we haven't seen him since the injury though.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Yep. He's huge guy that played maybe a few too many minutes per game. I also thought that his game declined a little bit this season.

About the name. Hakanpää means fenced pasture's end in Finnish, i.e., it is old agriculture term. Haka is fenced pasture in Finnish and pää means head (and also end of something, like tienpää is road's end (tie = road)).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad