GDT: EDM Oilers @ STL Blues 6pm CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
the Oil's board going nuts over the penalties lol

I mean, that's 2 VERY obvious trips.. "but they never call it when it's McDavid"... yeesh

There’s a main board post with a chart from Reddit showing how over the last ten years almost every team in the league has had an even amount of Penalties called against them vs for them.

Almost every team is within a 1/1. When you factor in the PP percentage the less calls a team gets for the higher the PP percent.

The whole point is that the league referees call penalties to keep games competitive.

When Edmonton’s PP is 50 percent it just blatantly stands out in the Data set as an outlier and shows how the NHL officiates for parity.

I don’t blame oiler fans for being a little upset. However, if the NHL called every penalty the NHL would quickly be the NBA and I wouldn’t watch. So have to consider that as well.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
There’s a main board post with a chart from Reddit showing how over the last ten years almost every team in the league has had an even amount of Penalties called against them vs for them.

Almost every team is within a 1/1. When you factor in the PP percentage the less calls a team gets for the higher the PP percent.

The whole point is that the league referees call penalties to keep games competitive.

When Edmonton’s PP is 50 percent it just blatantly stands out in the Data set as an outlier and shows how the NHL officiates for parity.

I don’t blame oiler fans for being a little upset. However, if the NHL called every penalty the NHL would quickly be the NBA and I wouldn’t watch. So have to consider that as well.
do they have a chart for the last 3 years? I'd love to see how lopsided it is in favor of the Refalanche.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If I am Army, I am looking at how to move Scandella either during this season or the offseason. I never was a hater of his and thought he was just the new whipping boy for some people but hes become a big time liability back there.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It's EDM's 4th game in 6 nights. They will be lucky to get more than 1 tonight 5 on 5 unless they get a few PP chances I think.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
missed the Scandella hit on McDavid. they just showed the replay.

is that REALLY what EDM fans were bitching about?? wow

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
oh i believe that. and before those 2, i'd put money on the hawks and pens being the top 2.

The Oilers are the ultimate example of game management by officials

Stolen from reddit:

J6g2Sy7.png

Guess Colorado is actual under but this data includes when they sucked.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Building off my last post. The only player Thomas DOESN'T have a 100% face-off win% against tonight is Connor McDavid. Where Thomas is 1 for 4. And I can't say I'm mad at him about that one bit.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Building off my last post. The only player Thomas DOESN'T have a 100% face-off win% against tonight is Connor McDavid. Where Thomas is 1 for 4. And I can't say I'm mad at him about that one bit.

I’m so excited that Thomas is becoming a face off guru I know advanced stats poo poo the metric but I would rather have the guy who can win on my team.

Hope ROR gets going tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad