Waived: [VGK] Golden Knights claim Raphael Lavoie off waivers from the Oilers - assigned to AHL

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Ill go to Bakersfield and be a good pro

I'm happy to be in Vegas with a great organization

I'm excited to be back with the Oilers and keep pushing forward with this organization

I'm announcing my retirement over this BS

it is somewhat funny

However it sounds like one of the 8 teams who had more pts than the oilers also put a claim in and I believe that they can still claim Lavioe.. I could be wrong

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
My guess is he's on the Colorado NHL roster tomorrow.
Colorado could really do with another shooter in the top 6, that's been missing since Burakovsky and Kadri left.

Mittelstadt, Drouin, and Ritchie (likely getting sent back to juniors) are good passers too which in theory should/would give Lavoie plenty of chances

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Can someone explain what is currently happening? As in: does every team get a shot at claimng Lavoie again... or just a limited few?
Yes. To go more in depth than @mouser did... this is everything that has happened.

• Edmonton waived Lavoie and Vegas claimed him.
  • Vegas then waived Lavoie because they got both him and Schwindt and likely didn't think they'd get both.
  • Edmonton claimed Lavoie back, but a team with lower priority than them (COL, BOS, FLA, WPG, CAR, DAL or NYR) also put in a claim, so they cannot assign him to the AHL unless they waived him again and he cleared.
  • Edmonton waived Lavoie again, hoping that the lower priority team doesn't put another claim in so they can send him to the AHL.
As an aside, I wouldn't be mad if the Flames put in a claim with the Rooney injury and out lack of RH centers. I think he'd look decent between Klapka and Lomberg.

Reactions: uncleben

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yes. To go more in depth than @mouser did... this is everything that has happened.

• Vegas then waived Lavoie because they got both him and Schwindt and likely didn't think they'd get both.
  • Edmonton claimed Lavoie back, but a team with lower priority than them (COL, BOS, FLA, WPG, CAR, DAL or NYR) also put in a claim, so they cannot assign him to the AHL unless they waived him again and he cleared.
  • Edmonton waived Lavoie again, hoping that the lower priority team doesn't put another claim in so they can send him to the AHL.
As an aside, I wouldn't be mad if the Flames put in a claim with the Rooney injury and out lack of RH centers. I think he'd look decent between Klapka and Lomberg.
He’s not a center

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007

Just as a note, each waiver process is a new one, and must follow the same rules. That means any team can claim Lavoie, not just the teams that submitted prior claims. If there are no claims, EDM can assign him. If VGK is the only claim, VGK can assign him. If there are other claims we repeat the process (or if it’s a higher priority team they get him).

Reactions: uncleben

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
as an aside, I wouldn't be mad if the Flames put in a claim with the Rooney injury and out lack of RH centers. I think he'd look decent between Klapka and Lomberg.
I was thinking that myself. Plus bonus pts for f***ing with Edmonton

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
This has been pretty funny.
Funny enough for the NHLPA to likely address some of the waiver rules next CBA.
(Can't return a player to waivers within some period of time after claiming him, or can't return a player to waivers who you have reclaimed)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This has been pretty funny.
Funny enough for the NHLPA to likely address some of the waiver rules next CBA.
(Can't return a player to waivers within some period of time after claiming him, or can't return a player to waivers who you have reclaimed)
I mean the point of waivers is so more players get to stay in the NHL instead of being stashed in the AHL. I'd say it's working as intended since Lavoie is not in the AHL.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Security camera at the VGK executive offices ......

revolving-door-spinning.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Poor bugger. This could go on all season. Plus there’s the other team putting in claims.

At least it keeps him making an NHL paycheque, I guess.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad